Brought to you by Philips Sonicare for Kids
If you dread Halloween with all the sugary treats and thought of what all of that excess sugar is doing to your kids’ teeth, then we have a treat for you!
Join Mum Central’s Healthy Halloween Movement and thanks to the fab new Philips Sonicare Electric Toothbrush, we’ve got 5 of these little babies to give away to ensure your kids’ pearlers are kept healthy all year round, not just at Halloween.
- Perfect for children over 3, the Philips Sonicare Electric Toothbrushes offer maximum plaque removal using sonic technology.
- They are kid-friendly with customisable stickers, musical tones and an innovative KidTimer app to ensure nobody skimps on their brushing!
So sit back and check out these pretty clever and delicious spooky treats that will have the kids begging for more, and be sure to enter our giveaway at the bottom to get your hands on the hottest brush in town!
1. CANDY APPLE SLICES
• A mixed bag of apples
• 1 bag of melting chocolate
• Shredded coconut
• Caramel squares
• Crushed peanuts
1) Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2) Melt your chocolate into a small dish. Melt your caramel squares into a separate dish.
3) Put your toppings into separate dishes ready for dipping.
4) Slice your apples into long slices and stick your sticks into the bottom to avoid messy fingers.
5) Dip your apples into your choice of sauce and then your choice of sweet topping.
6) Line them carefully on your baking tray and place them in the fridge for 2 hours to set.
2. SPOOKY SLICE BLOCKS
• 1 Tub of low fat natural yoghurt
• V8 Fusion tropical orange juice
• V8 Fusion light peach mango juice
1) Pour the yoghurt into the bottom third of the ice block moulds and place in the freezer for 45 mins.
2) Check the yoghurt layer is frozen. Pour the tropical orange juice into the ice block mould and place the popsicle stick in the centre. Freeze for 45 mins.
3) Check the tropical orange juice is frozen. Pour the light peach mango juice in and freeze for 45 mins.
3. CHOC BANANA GHOSTIES & MANDARIN PUMPKINS
• Choc chips
1) Cut the bananas in half. Using the pointy end of a teaspoon, poke three small holes in the top end of the banana where the eyes and mouth will go.
2) Push the choc chips into the small holes until they stick.
3) Peel your mandarins and chop some small celery sticks. Stick the celery sticks into the centre of the mandarin to create a pumpkin. Serve on a platter for a deliciously healthy treat!
4. JACK-O-LANTERN SPAGHETTI
• Bolognese sauce
• Minced meat (optional)
• Shredded cheese
1) Using a sharp knife, cut the top off the capsicum. Take a tablespoon and deseed the capsicum, scraping all its insides out. Once it’s empty, use a small sharp knife or a cutting blade to cut eyes and a mouth in the style of a Jack-o-lantern.
2) Boil your spaghetti in a pot on the stove over a high heat until spaghetti is al dente.
3) Cook your minced meat on a medium-high heat. Once cooked through add your Bolognese sauce and stir.
4) Drain the spaghetti and use tongs to pack your Jack-o-lanterns with pasta. Serve with a spoonful of meat and sauce if you wish; then sprinkle some cheese on top.
5) Place the capsicum lid back on your Jack-o-lantern and serve.
5. SPOOKY MONSTER HALLOWEEN TEETH
• 2 green apples
• 4 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
• 100g plain unsalted peanuts
• 6 chocolate buttons
• melted chocolate
1) Take an apple and quarter it. Cut a wedge from the inside to create the inside of the mouth
2) Spread both the top and bottom of the mouth with a layer of peanut butter
3) Line the peanuts up neatly one next to the other to resemble teeth
4) Stick a large marshmallow to the top of the mouth as the eye and finish with a chocolate button for the eyeball
5) Use the melted chocolate to glue the marshmallow and button together
6. CHEESY GHOUL PIZZA
• pizza of your choice
• 6 slices cheddar cheese
• black peppercorns
• 8 spanish olives
• ghost cookie cutter ($6.99 set at Spotlight)
1) Prepare your pizza as usual
2) Using the ghost cutter, cut out the ghosts from the slice
3) Place randomly across the pizza
4) Place a couple of black peppercorns in place for the eyes (can remove later)
5) Slice spanish olives and put in place for the mouth
6) Cook as normal for a ghouly cheese feast!
7. SAUSAGE MUMMIES
• 2 sheets Ready Rolled Light Puff Pastry (thawed)
• Flour, to sprinkle
• 8 Frankfurters
• 1 egg, lightly beaten
• Soft cheese, to decorate
• Chopped black olives, to decorate
1) Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C fanforced
2) Sprinkle flour over benchtop.
3) Roll out the pastry gently and cut into long vertical strips (0.5cm wide)
4) Cut a total of 16 strips as you’ll need 2 for each mummie.
5) Wrap the pastry strips around each frankfurt to create a mummy-like wrap effect.
6) Brush with the egg wash and place on a lined tray.
7) Cook in the oven for 18-20 minutes, until the pastry is puffed and golden, and the sausages cooked through.
8) Once cooled, place blobs of soft cheese to create the eyes and small pieces of black olives for the eyeball.
Big news Mums! Our friends at Philips have been ultra-generous and given us 5 Sonicare For Kids Sonic Electric Toothbrushes to share with you all each valued at $99!
In case you need us to tell you again why this is a uber cool addition to the family bathroom, here’s the skinny on this fab product:
- Perfect for children over three, the Philips Sonicare Electric Toothbrushes offer maximum plaque removal using sonic technology.
- They are kid-friendly to the max with customisable stickers, musical tones and an innovative KidTimer to ensure nobody skimps on their brushing!
Not only does the Philips Sonicare For Kids Electric Toothbrush make dental care fun it’s a huge confidence booster for mums in caring for those newly emerging grown up teeth. I know I worry about my kids’ dental care, with a Philips Sonicare For Kids Electric Toothbrush I can let that angst go!
READ OUR REVIEW if you’re still not sure – and see what we really had to say!
READER CASHBACK: If you aren’t one of the lucky winners be sure to check out the $30 cash back offer on Sonicare For Kids Sonic Electric Toothbrushes on the Philips website. There’s never been a better time to buy one!
We know you’ll want one so don’t delay, enter now! Good luck! Simply complete the entry form below and you’re in the running! The more you share the comp, the more chances you have to win!