We’re on the hunt for talented writers to join our team at Mum Central. Could it be you?
If you know that iCandy is a pram, not a lolly, that baby wipes are even better than sliced bread, and can name Beyonce’s babies without even blinking, then we want to hear from you!
Mum Central is one of Australia’s premiere parenting and lifestyle hubs keeping mums in the know across all sorts of categories, including parenting, home, food, travel and news.
We have a highly engaged Facebook community of more than 620,000 mums, and hundreds of thousands of mums who visit our website monthly, so we’re focused on delivering quality, authentic, timely and relevant content for our audience of 20-50 year old women. And above all, we love having fun!
Mum Central is growing fast and we are now searching for new casual writers to join our editorial team.
Who we are looking for
We’re looking for an experienced casual writer daily up to 10 hours per week to create more of the unique and authentic content that Mum Central readers love and trust.
This role gives you the flexibility to work from home part time, with the possibility of becoming permanent for the right candidates. The hours are semi-flexible and most of our writers work Monday to Friday.
Mum Central writers need to:
- Work in conjunction with our marketing team to assist in strategies for clients
- Pitch original, authentic and relevant story ideas to the editorial team
- Write SEO-driven articles and other copy as requested
- Load content and photos into WordPress
- Draft Facebook posts to promote your articles
All our writers need to have:
- 2-3 years experience as a professional content writer, copywriter or blogger
- Excellent writing skills and impeccable grammar
- The ability to work both as part of a team and individually
- Able to meet tight deadlines
- Strong organisational and time-management skills
- An interest in women’s issues and parenting
- A big sense of fun
It would be nice if you also have:
- A qualification in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or similar
- Experience in digital marketing, social media or similar
- A strong attention to detail
- Experience in the wonderful world of being a mum or dad
- An understanding of SEO, WordPress and Photoshop