We’re on the hunt for talented freelance writers to join our team at Mum Central.
If you’re a stellar writer who knows how to engage your audience, plus ideally has experience writing both native and commercial content, we want to hear from you.
Mum Central is one of Australia’s premier parenting and lifestyle hubs, keeping mums in the know and up-to-date on all kinds of topics from parenting and baby to home, food, lifestyle and news.
We have a highly engaged Facebook community of more than 650,000 mums and hundreds of thousands of mums who visit our website monthly. Our focus is on delivering quality, authentic, timely and relevant content for our audience of 20-50-year-old women. But, fear not – we also love to throw a bit of fun into the mix!
Mum Central is growing fast and we are now searching for new casual freelance writers to join our editorial team.
Who We Are Looking For
We’re looking for experienced freelance writers who are available during the day (or potentially overnight for the right applicant) to create highly relevant and engaging content that Mum Central readers love and trust.
We want writers that can produce quick, yet well-written copy, have an eye for detail and always deliver on time. Ideally, you will have relevant experience writing native and commercial content and the ability to navigate your way around a content management system (for example, WordPress).
This role gives you the flexibility to work remotely, from home, while growing your work portfolio. Plus there’s the possibility of becoming permanent for the right candidates.
Mum Central writers need to:
- Be available to write during the day
- Pitch original, authentic and relevant story ideas to the editorial team
- Write SEO-driven articles and other copy as requested
- Write native and commercial content
- Adhere to the Mum Central tone of voice
- Write with the Mum central audience in mind
- Upload content and photos into WordPress
All our writers must have:
- 2-3 years experience as a professional content writer, copywriter or blogger
- Knowledge of SEO
- Excellent writing skills and impeccable grammar
- The ability to work both as part of a team and individually
- The ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong organisational and time-management skills
- An interest in women’s issues and parenting
- A sense of humour!
It would be nice if you also have:
- A qualification in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or similar
- Experience in digital marketing, social media or similar
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience in the wonderful world of being a mum or dad
- An understanding of SEO, WordPress and Photoshop