Chrissy Teigen has updated fans with a heartfelt note on her Instagram platform following the loss of her and husband John Legend’s third child, Jack.
Chrissy is a much-loved member of the Instagram community, she’s funny as heck and has no issues dishing it out to anyone – celebrity, common pleb, famous husband – whoever you might be. And she’s been sorely missed since tragedy struck last month when Chrissy heartbreakingly birthed Jack at only 20 weeks due to partial placenta abruption.
Chrissy speaks out over her grief
Chrissy updated her Instagram this morning with a cut and paste of a column which she wrote for another publication, but it seemingly felt right to share it with the social platform which had been so supportive of her in her family’s darkest moments.
Chrissy captions the lengthy Instagram post with
I didn’t know how to come back to real life so I wrote this piece for Medium with hopes that I can somehow move on but as soon as I posted it, tears flew out because it felt so….final. I don’t want to ever not remember jack.
Thank you to everyone who has been so kind. Thank you to the incredible doctors who tried so hard to make our third life a reality. Thank you to my friends and family and our entire household for taking care of me through all the adult diaper changes, bed rest and random hugs.
Thank you, John, for being my best friend and love of my life. A lot of people think of the woman in times like this but I will never forget that john also suffered through these past months, while doing everything he could to take care of me. I am surrounded, in a human therapy blanket of love. I am grateful and healing and feel so incredibly lucky to witness such love.
The post itself is heart-wrenchingly raw and honest. And my mama-sister-heart goes out to Chrissy, as I’m sure all of us want to wrap her in a giant hug. We’ve shared Chrissy’s Instagram post below.
Our thoughts continue to go out to Chrissy and John.
How to get help
Do you need help coping with grief and loss? If this story has triggered something for you please get in contact with any of the organisations below and talk to your family and friends.
- Beyond Blue provides information and support to help everyone in Australia achieve their best possible mental health, whatever their age and wherever they live. You can also contact them on 1300 22 4636 or chat online.
- Beyond Blue also has a list of support organisations on this link where you can find help at any time.
- If you, or someone you know, is experiencing or has experienced a miscarriage, SANDS in Australia can help.
- Grief.com.au has a list of support groups here. Support groups are a way of bringing people together in a safe space to share common life experiences. They provide a forum for participants to communicate in a mutual understanding of shared challenges and problems. You can also contact them on 1800 642 066
- Relationships Australia can help with counselling for anyone experiencing loss, grief, stress, anxiety or relationship problems. You can contact them on the link or on 1300 364 277
- If you are in an emergency, or at immediate risk of harm to yourself or others, please contact emergency services on 000.