Maya Angelou (1928-2014)
Maya Angelou’s passing has had a profound effect on the world, as did her life. Her insight, proverbs, words and stories have been a guiding light for people everywhere of all ages and in all circumstances.
President Obama said it perfectly “Maya was many things: an author, poet, civil rights activist, playwright, actress, director, composer, singer and dancer. But above all, she was a storyteller, and her greatest stories were true”
The world will miss her but her wisdom will inspire and guide always.
Here are 10 of her quotes that will make you a better person:
1. “Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better do better.”
2. “I’ve learned that making a living is not the same as making a life.”
3. “When people show you who they are, believe them.”
4. “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
5. “If you get, give. If you learn, teach.”
6. “If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know how amazing you can be.”
7. “Be a rainbow in someone else’s cloud.”
8. “Nothing will work unless you do.”
9. “You alone are enough. You have nothing to prove to anybody.”
“I would like to be known as an intelligent woman, a courageous woman, a loving woman, a woman who teaches by being.”
Do you carry the words of the great Dr Maya Angelou with you?