No one wants to spend hours in the kitchen, missing out on all the fun this party season. The Philips Airfryer XXL helps you deliver the most delicious party fare around – and fast. Create perfect nibbles for friends or yummy snacks for unexpected drop-ins and the crowd of kids hanging out by your pool this summer.
Discover our tried and true recipes for less time cooking, more time sipping cocktails, thanks to Philips!
A party for six or a party for 16, the NEWEST and BIGGEST Philips Airfryer XXL is the ultimate hand in the kitchen, helping you create these delicious and healthy kid-friendly finger foods for all your guests to enjoy. Even better, the kids can lend a hand along the way.
Yes! You totally can use your Philips Airfryer XXL to cook cocktail franks and heat bread rolls – in MINUTES and using ZERO oil.
Mini Hotdogs (6 minutes)
Simply pop the separated cocktail franks in the Airfryer basket and cook for 3 to 4 minutes at 190°C. Remove the franks and set aside to cool slightly while you place the dinner rolls (if you want them warmed) in the Airfryer basket for 2 minutes at 190°C. Slice down the middle of the roll, slip in a cocktail frank, have the kids on sauce squeezing duty and you’re done!
ENGLISH MUFFIN PIZZAS
Just six minutes was all it took to cook these super tasty muffin base pizzas – and using the tiered cooking rack in the Philips Airfryer XXL meant I could fit EIGHT in at a time. Awesome!
English Muffin Pizzas (6 minutes)
Set up a pizza making station with a stack of English muffin halves, bowls of toppings such as pizza sauce, grated cheese, chopped ham, spinach, pineapple and let kids go to town creating delicious pizzas.
A fab option for the adults and meat loving littlies, meatballs are ridiculously easy to cook in the Philips Airfryer XXL – and a bonus of the air fryer is they don’t fall apart from turning!
Mini Meatballs (12 minutes)
¾ cup fresh breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons of milk
500g mince beef
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon dried thyme leaves
¼ teaspoon sweet paprika
salt and pepper, pinch of each
- Place the breadcrumbs and milk together in a bowl and let sit for a minute.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the soggy breadcrumbs and mix together until combined really well. Kids can roll heaped tablespoons into small bite sized meatballs, easy!
- Spritz lightly with oil and place in the Philips Airfryer XXL basket. Don’t overcrowd the basket though – use the tier cooking rack to place some up top too.
- Cook at 180°C for 12 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from the basket and thread on to mini skewers. Serve with dipping sauces. YUM!
STICKY CHICKEN WINGS
From Philips Airfryer XXL basket to hungry tums in just 15 minutes, I promise you, these are so scrumptious that they will FLY off the plate. Do try to marinate the chicken wings for at least two hours beforehand for the best flavour, it’ll be well worth it!
Marinated Chicken Wings (15 minutes)
¼ cup tomato sauce
1/3 cup BBQ sauce
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons paprika
1kg chicken wings, cut in half
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1 spring onion, finely sliced
- In a small bowl combine the three sauces and paprika. Pour the marinade into a zip lock bag and add the chicken wing halves. Seal the bag, give a quick rub to make sure the chicken is covered and return to the fridge for two hours.
- Place the chicken pieces in the Philips Airfryer XXL basket, select the Roast Preset mode (180°C and cook for 13 to 15 minutes. They make take less or longer time, depending on your wing size.
- When cooked, transfer to a plate, and have the kids sprinkle with sesame seeds and spring onion to their heart’s content!
CHOCOLATE ICE-CREAM CUPCAKES
Calling all mini cake decorators to the kitchen! Whip up a small batch of cupcakes in the Philips Airfryer XXL using this quick recipe for six cupcakes (or a time savvy box mix).
Chocolate Ice Cream Cupcakes (12 minutes)
½ cup caster sugar
½ cup plain flour
¼ cup cocoa
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ cup bicarb soda
pinch of salt
3 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
¼ cup hot water
icing, sprinkles, wafers (to decorate)
- In a small bowl, mix together all the cake ingredients until smooth and divide mixture evenly between six silicone cupcake moulds.
- Place in the Philips Airfryer XXL basket and cook at 160°C for 12 minutes, or until cooked through the centre.
- Cool on a cooling rack. When completely cool, have the kids decorate them, ice-cream style!
Just when you think there’s nothing else the Philips Airfryer XXL and truly excel at – be prepared to be amazed by how it perfects puff pastry. Flaky parcels filled with sweet apple, people will be coming back for more than just one!
Apple Turnovers (11 minutes)
2 apples, peeled, cored and finely diced
1 tablespoon sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
pinch of cinnamon
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
1 teaspoon of icing sugar (optional)
- Combine the apple, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Mix so the apple is coated.
- Cut both sheets of puff pastry in quarters so each sheet has four squares.
Spoon the apple mixture onto each square and brush the edges with the egg.
- Fold each square over itself to form a triangle. Press down the edges and seal by pressing with a fork.
- Brush the tops of each triangle with the egg and sprinkle with extra sugar.
- Place four triangles in the Philips Airfryer XXL basket. Bake at 180°C for 11 minutes or until golden brown and perfectly puffed. You will need to cook in two batches.
- If feeling really fancy, sprinkle the tower of turnovers with icing sugar before serving.
Of course, the Philips Airfryer XXL does a brilliant job on “heat and eat” style party foods too – party pies, party sausage rolls and party pasties all come out pie-warmer perfect. We know dim sims are cooked in only 12 minutes and for the kids who love hot chips, the Philips Airfryer XXL basket fits TWO bags (1.4kg) of frozen fries – that’s a whole stack of chips!
Guaranteed to save you both on time AND party host sanity, head to the Philips Airfryer website and peruse the treasure trove of kid and adult friendly food ideas perfect for parties.
If you’re keen to try some of these smart air fryer party foods out on your own guests, Philips are currently offering up to $50 cash back on selected Philips Airfryers. Grab one today and get cooking!
This is a sponsored post for Philips.