Lovers of the Twix bar, get excited. The biscuit jackpot has arrived with this Twix chocolate bar inspired biscuit recipe!
Buttery shortbread topped with decadent, silky EASY TO MAKE caramel and topped with a layer of chocolate. If this isn’t living my best afternoon tea life, then I don’t know what is.
Without further ado, let the sweet Twix biscuits tooth prevail.
Twix Inspired Biscuit recipe
- 1 ¾ cups plain flour
- ¼ cup cornflour
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 225g butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 160g Werther’s Original Cream Candies, unwrapped
- 1/4 cup of cream
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 150g dark chocolate
- 2 teaspoons Copha
- Line two baking trays with baking paper and set aside.
- Place the butter in a mixing bowl and using electric beaters, beat until smooth. Add the icing sugar and vanilla, beating together for a minute until combined and fluffy.
- Add both flours and beat until combined.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface, knead and form a ball. Flatten into a disc. Dust the bench and a rolling pin lightly and roll the disc into an even slab around 1cm in thickness. Don’t roll it too thin or it’s likely to break when you try to move your shapes onto the tray. Cut your shapes with a lightly floured cookie cutter.
- Place the dough shapes on the trays and put in the fridge for at least an hour. In a preheated 190°C oven, bake the cookies for 12 to 14 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- To make the caramel, combine the Cream Candies, cream and butter in a small saucepan. Over medium heat, stir constantly until smooth. Don’t try to hurry up the process by turning the heat up – your caramel will burn! Set aside to cool and thicken for a couple of minutes.
- Spoon caramel on top of the biscuit so it just reaches the edges. Let cool completely.
- Break the chocolate up into pieces into a glass bowl. Add the Copha. Melt together over a double boiler or in the microwave, stirring until smooth. Spoon the chocolate over the caramel layer. Let cool completely before eating.
- All that’s left to do is put the kettle on, put your feet up and enjoy your Twix biscuits!
Biscuit barrel quick to empty? We have a stack of delicious cookie and biscuit recipes to discover. And if you want to use up the rest of that Copha – and win some brownie points with the kids – whip up these delish chocolate crackles.