That 1970s lemon yellow dresser you hauled out of your mum’s house simply won’t cut it when it comes to creating a cute room for your little princess. This repurposed furniture, however, just might!
Before you rush out and buy a roomful of brand new furniture for your child’s space, check out the possibilities that refinishing, refurbishing and re-creating offer!
These furniture hacks are inspirational tricks that will completely change the way you look at decorating your kiddo’s kingdom.
- Make a window seat bench from a simple shelving unit.
- Have an old TV unit? Even if it’s truly tasteless, you can still create a totally custom play kitchen
- Need a way to display those absolutely adorable baby pics? Turn an old door into a photo display centre and the result is pretty stunning!
- Your toddler no longer needs her cot. Now what? Transform it into a desk and craft station.
- Convert an old desk into a corkboard-topped desk.
- Use an old entertainment centre for a princess dress-up station.
- It used to be a bookcase, and now it’s a sand pit!
- Turn a desk into a neat bedside chest.
- Reuse that cot and turn it into a little kid’s library by upcycling the panels into a book rack.
- If you’re looking to make that old cot into something much more useful, another option is turning your cot into a reading chair.
- You could always turn this dresser mirror into a crafty chalkboard.
- Take an old end table, cut it in half and instantly create a bunch of bookshelves.
- Turn an old door into a repurposed bookshelf with awesome detail.
- Upcycle old shutters into a clip-on wall display (for all of those little notes, homework papers and odds and ends).
- The old-turned-new bathtub isn’t for cleaning up. It’s now a bathtub sofa for sitting!
- Make a clever chalkboard shelving unit from a simple bathroom cabinet.
- Not into a total take-apart and re-do? If carpentry isn’t in your skill set, how about this map/chalkboard dresser upcycle?
- Combine two Ikea pieces to make a mobile kids’ book storage centre.
- Transform this old cable spool into a super-cool spool bookcase.