Picture this: you and your loved ones, sun-kissed and joyful, amidst a buzzing crowd of over 500,000 fellow adventurers. The iconic Royal Adelaide Show is back and it’s not just about the sights and sounds, but also the sensational experiences that remain etched in memory forever. Just think of it – with tantalizing aromas of myriad foods wafting through the air, it’s THE place to create unforgettable memories!
Last year, the Royal Adelaide Show clocked a whopping half a million attendees, making it a top pick in Adelaide’s annual events. Over 4,000 animals, ranging from bunnies that’d fit in your palm to horses with majestic gaits, marked their presence. It’s more than just a show; it’s a realm of fantasy!
The Royal Adelaide Show, of course! With over 50 rides that’ll make your heart race, 300 showbags that tease nostalgia, and beloved characters like Bluey making an appearance, there’s no room for boredom. And to sprinkle a dash of magic?
Mum Central is giving away 5 x family passes for 4!
Budget-Friendly Magic: Free Fun at the Royal Adelaide Show
Your day out doesn’t have to burn a hole in your pocket. The Royal Adelaide Show is teeming with free activities, featuring 100 free activities across its nine days.
- GARDENING DEMOS: Green thumbs and novices alike can learn a tip or two about gardening in the free sessions held throughout the show.
- FIREWORKS SPECTACLE: Every evening concludes with a sky bursting with colours, a free display that leaves attendees in awe.
- FARMYARD NURERY: It’s not just about viewing; here, you get to touch and feel! Kids can get up close and personal with farmyard babies.
- STREET PERFORMERS: Every nook and cranny holds a surprise, with magicians, acrobats, and jesters delighting the crowd.
- MEET BLUEY & BINGO: Legendary Bluey and Bingo, from the popular Australian family TV show, Bluey, will join the Royal Adelaide Show for the first time in 2023.
Prepurchase your tickets and SAVE!
The Royal Adelaide Show opens at 9am every day. The Carnival attractions operate until 11 pm (weather permitting), except Sunday 10 September when they will close at 10:30 pm.
This year, you will need to purchase your tickets for a specific day to assist them in managing the number of people attending the Show each day.
They want you to have a fun Show experience and this helps reduce wait times, queuing and freeing up facilities available during the Show.
You will need to select the day you wish to attend the Show, if you select a weekend to attend you must choose a specific day but if you choose to attend during the week you are able to use your weekday ticket for any day Monday to Friday.
Getting to the Show
Parking at the Showgrounds is limited, so here are some top tips for travelling easily to the Royal Show.
- Dedicated O-Bahn ‘Adelaide Show’ buses take you from Tea Tree Plaza, Paradise and Klemzig interchange, express to the showground entrance and run until late.
- The 21W Show Shuttle Bus operates between Curry Street (stop V1) and the Goodwood Road Interchange, during all show days.
Tram & Trains:
- If you’re catching the tram, the Goodwood Road tram stop is located just 500m from the Leader Street Showground entrance.
- The Belair, Seaford and Flinders train lines stop directly at the Showground Entrance, and are conveniently just two stops away from the Adelaide Rail Station.
Pre-purchase your MetroCard to use on public transport to the Royal Show, as Adelaide Metro is cashless and physical tickets cannot be purchased onboard.
*Senior Card Holders & children under 5 with a fare-paying adult, travel FREE*
For more information, visit the Adelaide Metro website.
Seal the Deal with Mum Central!
Whew! With so much on offer, you must be raring to dive right in. So, how about doing it on the house? Yes, being part of the fabulous Mum Central family has its perks. Ten super-lucky families will get a chance to experience this whirlwind of excitement without spending a dime. Now that’s what we call a jackpot!
Are You Ready for the Ultimate Fun?
If all of this has you jumping in your seat, here’s the grand reveal. Secure your shot at one of the 5 family passes by simply completing the entry form below. It’s quick, it’s straightforward, and it could be your gateway to a day of unparalleled fun.
So, lace up your most comfortable shoes, prep your show itinerary, and let your anticipation build. The Royal Adelaide Show beckons, and it promises a medley of memories, delights, and sheer joy.
P.S. Remember, adventure waits for no one. Grab this chance, click, enter, and let the festivities commence!