From curling perfect lashes, fixing that dropped favourite blusher to hiding an annoying thinning hairline, we have ALL the beauty hacks for YOU.
Sure, there’s nothing I’d love more than to drop hundreds of dollars at my local Mecca or Sephora store buying up ALL the pretty products but #MUMLIFE dictates that I will not.
I will also likely use my beauty products LONG past the 3, 6 or 12 month dates printed on the back of them because I am a heathen, though I know I shouldn’t. Maybe.
With that declaration made, here are 24 beauty hacks which we hope make your life a little easier and your beauty purchases a little less spendy. Enjoy!
24 Beauty Hacks To Live By
- Give your eyelash curler a quick heat blast with the hair dryer before using on your eyelashes for MAXIMUM curl factor.
- Make your own perfect shade of lip-gloss by mixing Vaseline with any pigment powder.
- Want to have a crack at contouring but not sure where your cheek hollows are at? Roll a makeup brush down the side of your face, it’ll naturally roll into your facial hollows.
- Down to the last drops of your expensive foundation? Add them to your daily face moisturiser for an instant tinted moisturiser.
- Fix a shattered pressed powder, eye shadow or blush by adding rubbing alcohol and pressing back into the pan.
- Revive clumpy mascara by adding a few drops of saline solution to the tube.
- Kid broken off your favourite lipstick from the tube? Melt the end with a flame and ‘glue’ it back together.
- Save money on fancy brush cleaners by washing makeup brushes in a mild baby shampoo and warm water solution. Use a silicon oven mitt to swirl them onto before rinsing.
- Make less pigmented eye shadow shade POP by applying white eyeliner all over your lid before applying the shadow.
- No need for 15 fancy brow products! Fill brows in with a matte eye shadow one shade lighter than your natural colour. EASY.
- Open up your eyes with this magical tip – a nude shade eyeliner on the lower water line makes eyes appear bigger and more awake!
- Haven’t slept since the baby arrived and concealer not cutting it? Apply a coral shade lipstick under your eyes BEFORE applying your concealer to counteract the dark circles, works like a charm.
- Combat wayward brows by spraying a clean toothbrush or eyebrow brush with hairspray and combing into place. Or try rubbing the brush onto a wet clear soap and then combing. Voila!
- Your products can work double time. Lipsticks can act as a beautiful blush, a chap-stick can moonlight as a highlighter and bronzer makes for a gorgeous eye colour.
- Run out of dry shampoo? Don’t despair, reach for the baby talcum powder instead. Be light-handed, it does the same job!
- Conscious of your hair thinning? Thicken up a hairline by brushing over your hair part with with a matte eye shadow similar to your hair root colour. An effective and quick fix. Also great for disguising grey hairs.
- Lost eye and lip liner caps can be replaced with a cut drinking straw to fit.
- Dry, clumpy mascara can have its life extended by warming the tube in a glass of hot water for a few minutes before applying. Though it’s probably wise to replace it!
- Cracked heels from wearing no socks all summer? Soak them in a warm water bath and lather those dry feet in coconut oil. Pop a pair of socks over the top overnight and be on the road to MUCH BETTER, silky smooth feet.
- Coconut oil is also awesome for rubbing into nail cuticles, removing waterproof makeup AND using as a hair treatment.
- If you suffer with puffy under-eye bags, keeping your eye creams in the fridge will take them to next level soothing relief when you apply them.
- Fingernails and toenails can stain from wearing dark nail polish colours. Lift nail stains using lemon juice and baking soda.
- Winter is coming and so too are the dry, chapped lips! Brush over your lips lightly with a toothbrush for a quick and easy exfoliation. Dry skin be gone!
- No need for a spa treatment to relieve tired, puffy eyes. Reach for a crispy cucumber to lay upon your eyelids for 10 minutes for a refreshing treat. It really does work!
Got any beauty hacks of your own to add? We’d love to hear them! For more time and cost saving hacks for your everyday mum-life, check out our laundry conquering hacks as well as the handiest of kitchen hacks, which includes gems like washing kids toys in the dishwasher! MIND BLOWN.