Want to know how to make one of your favourite family Chinese takeaway dishes at HOME? In the air fryer no less? YES! The whole family will love this air fryer honey chicken recipe, especially the cook – it takes less than half an hour to get it on the table!
Who doesn’t love a recipe that uses pantry staples and the most delicious honey to hit the supermarket shelf? I LOVE using Nature Nate’s 100% Pure Australian Raw & Unfiltered Honey in my cooking. Made from Aussie bees, its beautiful, delicate flavour isn’t at all overpowering and it makes EVERY dish sing, especially honey chicken!
Nature Nate’s 100% Pure Australian Raw & Unfiltered Honey is available in Woolworths stores nationwide. Be sure to pop a bottle in your trolley next time you shop … you won’t believe how good it tastes!
Honey chicken recipe: what you need
So what do you need for this air fryer honey chicken recipe? Not a lot, you’re likely to have it all in your pantry already! Check it out below.
Now trust me when I say, there’s NOTHING difficult about this recipe and getting crispy chicken is a cinch using the air fryer – just flour it and let it do its thing!
The sauce itself comes together quickly on the stove and unlike a traditionally rich and gluggy honey chicken sauce, this one remains fluid, so EVERYTHING on your plate gets a lick of naturally sweet honey sauce. It’s an awesome way to get kids to eat their accompanying rice and greens too. #VEGGIESMUGGLER
AIR FRYER ACTION: Watch our video below to see just how quickly the honey chicken recipe comes together and then scroll down below for recipe details.
[mc_block_title custom_title=”Air Fryer Honey Chicken Recipe”]
For the chicken
- 6 boneless, skinless, chicken thighs
- ¾ cup cornflour
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground sage
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
For the garlic honey sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup Nature Nate’s 100% Pure Australian Raw & Unfiltered Honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2tsp cornflour mixed with 2tsp water
- Black pepper
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- Sesame seeds
- Cut the chicken into cubed pieces. Don’t trim the fat – that’s what keeps it moist in the air fryer!
- In a small bowl mix together the cornflour and seasonings. Tip it into the zip lock bag, along with the chicken. Seal the bag and give it a shake to coat the chicken evenly. You could also do this in a bowl.
- Place the chicken pieces into your air fryer and cook 180° for 15 minutes or until cooked through. Give them a shake halfway through to make sure they don’t stick.
- To make the honey sauce: In a medium saucepan over medium heat, cook the minced garlic in the olive oil until fragrant (but don’t let it brown!).
- Stir in the honey, soy sauce and let it come to a simmer. Add the cornflour mix and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes to thicken the sauce slightly. Allow it to cool for a few minutes before adding to the chicken.
- Combine the chicken and sauce, top with sliced green onions, sesame seeds and a sprinkle of black pepper. Serve with rice and greens. YUM!
Let us know if you give this air fryer honey chicken recipe a try. We guarantee the whole family will love it! Also, we want to know if you love Nature Nate’s 100% Pure Australian Raw & Unfiltered Honey as much as we do. Discover a hive of amazing honey recipes and more just by hitting the button below.
This is a sponsored post for Nature Nate’s Honey Co.