Drugs allegedly a factor
The details surrounding what exactly happened are still pending but, according to reports, Anslie allegedly took drugs when she passed out in the bath at her mum’s house in Coweta County, Georgia, USA on 9 June 2021.
During the investigation, Brantley’s mother Kelli Gordon told officials her daughter had taken the infant to take a bath.
However, she later heard her daughter scream and discovered Draiden cold and not breathing. The grandmother then called emergency services.
Mother and grandmother arrested
Coweta County police confirmed that they also found methamphetamine belonging to Anslie’s mum. Kelli was also arrested for narcotics possession and she remained in county jail with charges unrelated to Draiden’s death.
Following her arrest, authorities said five of Gordon’s other children have been placed in the custody of child welfare officials.
Officials are also waiting on toxicology results for both Anslie and her son according to local reports. Anslie awaits further trial to determine to sentence and is currently being held without bond at Coweta County Jail.