There’s no rule saying dips have to be savoury is there? Dessert dips are a THING and this cookie dough dip is the most delicious rule breaker YET. Creamy and studded with chocolate chips, it tastes just like home baked biscuits – HOLY YUM.
Hands up if you’re one for sneaking a little taste of the biscuit (or cookie) dough when baking biscuits. *RAISES HAND* And yeah, we know we shouldn’t because of the raw egg factor but we still do. #rebels
No egg, no worries. This cookie dough dip is perfectly safe to eat as an alternative. Perfect on its own with a handful of dipping pretzels or fruit, it’s also a tasty addition to your next dessert platter. The icing on the
cake cookie is that this dip uses all pantry items, sweet!
Cookie dough dip recipe
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 225g cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract or paste
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Things to dip: pretzel chips, wafer biscuits, fruit!
1. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese and butter together until fluffy. Add both sugars and beat until smooth, creamy and lump-free.
2. Season with the salt and beat in the vanilla.
3. Gently fold in the mini chocolate chips until combined.
4. Spoon the dip into a bowl and serve with delicious dippy foods with a wide surface area ie. berries, wafers, pretzel chips. Lush!
NOTE: Woolworths make teeny tiny dark chocolate chips which are awesome for this dip. While you’re at Woolies, don’t forget Woolworths Original Thin Pretzel Chips! An original recipe from Delish, we wish you luck in resisting a sneaky double dip.