With Disney on Ice Presents Frozen hitting our shores real soon, let us take you behind the scenes and show you why Disney simply do it the best!
There’s few things you get to do as a parent that are as incredible for you as it is for your kids.
Hands down Disney on Ice is one of these and without fail each time catches the breath (and imagination) of mothers and children alike. , leaving the whole family agreeing it to be one of your ‘best days ever!’
1. It’s not your everyday stage show
The minute you enter the giant arena, the energy changes and the buzz of excited fission is upon you. The air is cold and the anticipation is high. You know that something special is about to unfold but exactly…. what?
How can a stage production take the entire cinematography of a movie and translate it to an ice show in a way that is as (if not more) engaging than a film? Well, the answer is as complex as it is simple… the magic of Disney on Ice!
From incredible sets which leave you gasping at their sheer size, depth and detail, to costumes fit for a princess (literally!) – no detail is left untouched when it comes to Disney on Ice.
2. It’s a feast for the senses
With talented casts of amazing skaters, incredible music, dazzling and dramatic lights, smoke gusts and falling snow, the enchanting, sensory experience of Disney on Ice will leave you with goose bumps.
Watch the much-loved tales unfold before your eyes. With soft, flickering lights and Disney’s love stories to the intense, stadium-high chase scenes or daring escapes, every element combines to tell your favourite Disney tales. There’s no stone left unturned – and it’s all incredibly achieved on skates!
3. The sheer scale of the whole production will blow your mind. Did you know…
- It takes almost a whole day to set up the production for the show yet only 5 hours to pull it down at completion.
- There’s 15 crew members and it takes 16 semi-trailers to move the entire set between cities.
- There’s 18 male performers in the troop and 21 females.
- It takes 3 buses to transport the entire crew, cast and staff for the show.
- The set up includes 20 snow machines, 170 movable lights, over 200 props and the largest, a bridge weighing over 500kg.
4. The costumes are something else, captivating and stunning all in one! Five fast facts to capture your imagination…
- It takes 8 different designers and over 100 people to produce the attire for the entire cast.
- There’s over 650 individual pieces that come together to make the 108 total looks.
- To make the costumes demands thousands of yards of fabric with some costumes weighing up to 23kg.
- Elsa’s Ice Queen Dress is hand-painted chiffon made by exclusive costumer Pearson-Meares in New York City.
- Each cast member has between 1 and 5 looks per show.
5. It’ll make you feel young all over again! Who doesn’t want to re-visit the wonder of being absolutely enchanted?
Disney on Ice has the incredible capacity to make you forget your grown-up responsibilities and whisk you away to a place where you’re seven years old all over again. The beauty of a Disney on Ice performance touches that part of your heart that sees you feel like a child once more… the wonder, the magic, the sheer ‘oh my gosh how did they do that?’ factor – it’s the very best feeling on earth! Disney on Ice is genuinely an experience that will captivate the whole family – big and small – with it’s spell-binding awe…
All facts and reasons aside, there’s one thing that just can’t be measured when it comes to Disney on Ice, and that’s the memories!
Join the Mum Central team this year and enter a fantastical winter wonderland beyond your imagination at Disney On Ice presents Frozen. The heart-warming Academy Award® winning tale you love is skating into your town soon – we promise you this is a magical family experience you’ll never forget!
Grab your Mickey ears, don your Elsa tiara, it’s time to create some memories Mum! Disney on Ice is a magnificent day out you’ll cherish for years to come.
WA: Perth Arena
JUNE: Friday 2nd, Saturday 3rd, Sunday 4th, Monday 5th
SA: Adelaide Entertainment Centre
JUNE: Friday 9th, Saturday 10th, Sunday 11th, Monday 12th
NSW: Newcastle Entertainment Centre
JUNE: Thursday 22nd, Friday 23rd, Saturday 24th, Sunday 25th
QLD: Brisbane Entertainment Centre
JUNE/JULY: Thursday 29th June, Friday 30th June, Saturday 1st July
VIC: Hisense Arena, Melbourne
JULY: Wednesday 5th, Thursday 6th, Friday 7th, Saturday 8th, Sunday 9th
NSW: Qudos Bank Arena, Sydney
JULY: Wednesday 12th, Thursday 13th, Friday 14th, Saturday 15th, Sunday 16th, Monday 17th.
Thanks to our friends at Feld Entertainment, we’ve got 4 tickets to give away to every location!
To enter, simply complete the entry form below in full, ensure you’re a current subscriber to our weekly newsletter and comment below, telling us why you’d love to take your family to Disney on Ice presents Frozen!