Whether you’re looking for an easy breakfast idea or a savoury after-school snack, this healthy and yummy Egg Bruschetta makes an egg-citing change for everyone!
It takes just 5 minutes to prepare and 10 minutes to cook and is versatile enough to eat at any time. Thanks to Australian Eggs for sharing this tasty recipe with us!
Egg Bruschetta Recipe
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Serves 4
- Difficulty: Easy
- 200g mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves, torn
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes, plus extra for garnish
- 5 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk (or cream)
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 30g butter
- 4 thick slices of sourdough, toasted
- Shaved parmesan to serve (optional)
How to Make Egg Bruschetta
Tomato and Basil Salad
- Combine tomatoes, oil, basil and chilli flakes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Set aside.
- Whisk eggs, milk and parmesan together and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil and butter in a non-stick pan over medium-low heat.
- Add eggs. Using a silicone spatula or wooden spoon, gently push the set eggs from the edges of the pan to the centre to create a large silky curd.
- Continue for 1-2 minutes or until three-quarters of the mixture is set. Remove from heat to allow the residual heat to finish the cooking.
- Spoon eggs onto sourdough and top with tomato salad. Garnish with extra basil, chilli flakes and shaved parmesan.
Colourful and delicious, kids will gobble this savoury snack up in no time. Plus it’s packed with plenty of protein to keep them energised for their morning routine or pep them up for any after-school activities on their plates.
Even more eggy dishes
Hash brown toast
Hash brown toast is the best thing since sliced bread that, ironically, requires no bread at all! Perfect if you’re trying to reduce your carb intake or on those ‘haven’t-grocery-shopped-in-a-while-and-there’s-no-bread-in-this-house’ days.
Guacamole bacon deviled eggs
Speaking of devilled eggs, here’s another fiery choice! It’s a guacamole-meets-bacon-meets-egg hybrid side dish, sure to wow your friends and family – and we’re here for it!
Curried egg sandwiches
Drool-worthy curried egg sangas. Curried egg sandwiches are the unsung heroes of the sandwich world. Delicious, soft and the flavour is oh so right. If it’s been a while, Foodie Crush is here to refresh your curry loving memory.
Love capsicum and a touch of spice? Shakshuka eggs will be right up your alley! A one pan wonder, these are delicious served on toasted sourdough bread.
Bacon and egg muffins
A much healthier (and cheaper) option than the Maccas version, these kid-friendly bacon and egg muffins are light, cute and tasty. They make a great breakfast option but are also perfect for a quick snack or even for the lunch box.