Infasecure has recalled several models of car seats due to a risk of the buckle screws separating and causing the buckle to fail.
“Our testing indicates that particular batches of Holmbergs buckles may see the restraining screws separate from the casing causing the buckle to fail,” Infasecure said in a statement on their website.
“While we have received no notifications of any injuries due to this issue, after concerns were raised by customers we decided to immediately initiate a voluntary recall of affected buckles to ensure the safety of all of our customers and their families.”
Infasecure car seat recall: What you need to know
Infasecure child car seats are sold in several Australian shops including Baby Bunting, Big W, Baby Village and Baby Zone, just to name a few.
Is your child’s car seat affected?
If you purchased an InfaSecure child restraint between August 2019 and February 2020, your child’s car seat could be affected. The easiest way to find out is by checking the model number.
Affected buckles have a batch number of B18002, B18003 or B19009 stamped on the reverse beneath the Holmbergs logo.
Below are the models affected by the Infasecure child car seat recall.
- CS4313 (Dates of Manufacture 16/9/2019 to 16/10/2019)
- CS4413 (Dates of Manufacture 12/9/2019 to 2/11/2019)
- CS4713 (Dates of Manufacture 10/12/2018 or 1/5/2019)
- CS7113 (Dates of Manufacture 11/9/2019 to 29/10/2019)
- CS7213 (Dates of Manufacture 17/9/2019 to 2/11/2019)
- CS8113 (Date of Manufacture 29/9/19)
- CS9013 (Dates of Manufacture 16/9/2019 to 28/10/2019)
- CS9213 (Dates of Manufacture 16/9/2019 to 27/10/2019)
What should consumers do?
Infasecure suggests, “If you have purchased an affected product, we urge you to stop using it – even if the buckle appears to be secure.”
Customers should register via the following numbers and their websites:
- For Australia – 1300 924 632 during 8.30 am to 5 pm AEST, or visit www.infa.link/recall-au
- For New Zealand – 0800 345 682 during 10.30 am to 7 pm NZST or visit www.infa.link/recall-nz
Once registered, you will receive a replacement buckle kit by express post along with repair instructions and instructional videos on our website so you can replace it immediately.
If you would prefer to have it replaced by an authorised repair centre, call their customer care team. They will locate your nearest repair agent and replace the buckle free of charge.
Never miss a product recall again
We at Mum Central know how important it is to keep our kids safe which is why we try to alert our readers when a product fails to comply with safety standards. Please have a read through our product safety recalls for other products that have recently been recalled including bikes, cots, bassinets and prams.
You can follow Mum Central on Facebook to stay up to date on all product recalls.