Let’s talk about Life Insurance. Don’t turn away! It’s an important conversation to have and it’s never too early.
Why do you need life insurance?
You may not have even thought about life insurance yet. You’re young and fit and healthy. You may not even be the breadwinner in the family. Why would you bother? Because life is full of surprises and it’s impossible to know what the future holds. Sure, you may be young and healthy now but no one is immune to injury or illness and no matter how hard we try – we can’t stop the ageing process!
If you were to be diagnosed with a terminal illness, having life insurance could help you spend quality time with your loved ones without additional financial stress and get you the immediate treatment you need.
With rent or a mortgage, school fees and other family expenses, you wouldn’t want your family to be left short financially at an already difficult time. Even if you are not an income earner, often the costs of replacing the duties of a homemaker can be higher than you think. You may need to fund day care, child services out of school hours, cleaning and even transport.
What’s the right policy for you?
Just like any insurance policy, there’s no such thing as a one-size-fits-all life insurance policy.
When researching, you may like to consider the following checklist.
Does the life insurance policy:
- Let you choose the benefit amount you need?
- Pay you 100% of the benefit if you were diagnosed with a terminal illness – from day 1?
- Cover you from day 1 of your policy [except suicide in the first 13 months]
- Provide an advance payment to your family for immediate expenses and funeral costs?
- Let you renew your cover for life?
- Allow you to pay premiums fortnightly or monthly, without charging you extra?
- Let you tailor your cover by adding options that suit your family’s needs, such as trauma cover or cover for your children?
- Allow you to add another person to your policy?
- Charge you premiums you can afford?
No amount of money can replace you. What life insurance can do is provide financial support for your loved ones at a really terrible time
This really cool eBook from Real Insurance demystifies the whole process in a fun and interactive way. Just click through here to follow the easy step by step guide and who knows? You might be surprised at how easy it is and how little it costs to protect your family!
Plus, if you take out Car Insurance or Home & Contents Insurance right now, Real Insurance will give you up to 30% off car and 35% off Home & Contents! Who wouldn’t like that? Hurry, offer ends 14th February!