Not going to lie, gingerbread and white chocolate make for one EPIC trifle. In the true spirit of the season, I feel we must ALL try this Christmas combo at least once.
We can’t get enough of gingerbread at this time of year, and what better way to devour this special festive treat than by making gingerbread trifle?
Have six jars, cups or glasses at the ready and let’s get layering!
SPC White Chocolate Cheesecake Gingerbread Trifle recipe
2 cups white chocolate chips
500g cream cheese, room temperature
6 tablespoons sour cream, room temperature
6 tablespoons white sugar
24-30 gingerbread cookies, crumbled, reserve 2 tbsp for topping
825g SPC Peaches
1. Place white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and melt for one minute on medium power. Stir until smooth. If needed, microwave for another 30 seconds. Allow to cool.
2. In an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar, sour cream and melted white chocolate for three minutes or until light and fluffy. Scrape sides and bottom of the bowl and beat for a further 30 seconds.
3. In each jar, add three tablespoons of the crumbled gingerbread cookies. Press down slightly.
4. Place SPC Peaches on top of the cookie layer. Spoon three tablespoons of the cheesecake mixture into the jar over the peach layer.
5. Repeat with more peaches and cream cheese mixture.
6. Finally, carefully top with SPC peach slices and cookie crumbles.
7. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat.
This recipe serves six. This is an original SPC recipe.
Want to get really busy in the kitchen? Try making your own gingerbread biscuits for the trifle with our Thermomix gingerbread men recipe.