Ever wondered why so many people suggest Club Med when talking family holidays? Mum Central decided to find out for themselves as they review Club Med Bali – and almost didn’t come home!
Planning a family holiday is like a ball game where the goal posts keep moving and the rules can change at any moment!
Dad needs a break from his work schedule. Mum just needs to unwind. The toddlers are nuts wherever you take them and the older kids want to be busy, independent and entertained non-stop. Of course everyone wants to getaway to an amazing, international destination. As a couple you want to reconnect. As a family you want to experience other cultures and make new memories. But dad doesn’t want to fly too far. And Mum’s conscious of blowing the family budget.
It almost seems impossible… but is it?
That family holiday that ticks all the boxes is easier than you imagined! Mum Central’s great adventure to review Club Med Bali, Nusa Dua showed us just how fabulous, simple and budget-friendly a great getaway can be!
So what sets Club Med apart from the rest?
Firstly, Club Med is an international hotel group, it’s not just in Bali. So whatever your heart’s desire destination-wise there’s sure to be a Club Med nearby. The good news however is that the Club Med philosophy is super family-friendly and applies at all their locations world-wide.
1. Club Med ‘gets’ kids
Having begun their kids program over 40 years ago Club Med are the pioneers in creating fabulous, kid-friendly holidays.
2. Club Med is about unique and inspiring experiences for the whole family
Club Med offers over 60 different experiences worldwide including yoga, circus school, fitness clubs, horse riding, archery, scuba, sailing and more.
3. Club Med is an all-inclusive holiday…what does that mean?
The Club Med concept is a celebration of the all-inclusive holiday. Pay before you leave and never reach for your credit card again. This approach ensures you focus on relaxing, loving and laughing only, as money is the last thing on your mind!
Club Med’s all-inclusive packages include:
- Quality family friendly accommodation
- 3 Gourmet meals per day and morning, afternoon and evening snacks
- Premium open bar including cocktails and spirits (YES!)
- Daily & Nightly Entertainment including stage shows and nightclub
- Activities, water sports and sports within the resort, and
- a pretty awesome Kids Club
- travel insurance
Trying it all: Mum Central Explores Club Med Bali Nusa Dua
Our friends had recommended it. Bloggers everywhere raved about it. The website seemed to perfectly suit our needs. TripAdvisor gave it a Travellers Choice Award in 2016.
Could Club Med really be the ultimate family holiday?
We decided to ‘take one for the team’ and find out. Here’s what we’ve learned!
Club Med Bali is located in Nusa Dua. It’s located on a beautiful beachfront surrounded by traditional Balinese temples and lush green rice paddies.
There are 99 reasons we loved Club Med Bali, but here’s our top five!
1. Club Med Bali is stunning from who to go...
With modern design meeting traditional Balinese influences this is a destination with a true resort feel. As a Mum arriving somewhere that makes you think ‘Aaaaaah this is gorgeous’ is an immediate cue to unwind.
Designed by the world’s most inspired architects and designers, the rooms and suites in each Club Med Resort are unique, but they all have one thing in common: the comfort and well-being they offer.
The accommodation is spacious, comfortable and with plenty of attention to detail. For me, if it’s not more lovely than home, it’s not a holiday. Let’s just say Club Med Bali is so aesthetically perfect I had visions of staying forever!
FAMILY TIP: Interconnecting rooms make family-friendly accommodation a breeze. You get your own privacy and there’s plenty of space too.
2. Club Med Bali is actually kid-heaven
There’s designated Kids Clubs for all age groups and our two monkeys qualified to be members of Mini Club Med for children aged 4-10. The activities were non-stop and the kids simply couldn’t get enough! From sport to games, craft to cooking the kids didn’t have time to miss home – not that they gave it a second thought!
Club Med caters for kids from 4 months to 17 years and have separate groups accordingly to ensure your kids are entertained, stimulated and enjoy every moment (leaving you free to enjoy time to yourself without the mother guilt!)
- Baby Club Med (4-23 months) – A gentle haven for little ones, safe in the experienced hands of their dedicated G.Os. Focus on early learning activities and motor skills. From 8.30 am to 5 pm, every day (extra cost)
- Petit Club Med® (2 to 3 years) – Fun and spacious premises with plenty of outdoor space. Your toddlers will have a great time with their friends, and explore a wide range of activities designed to introduce them to new experiences: From 8.30 am to 5 pm and from 6.45 pm to 8.30 pm, every day (included)
- Juniors’ Club Med® (11 to 17 years) – Teenagers can meet up and take part in the activities that interest them most, in the company of their G.O. From 9.30 am to 7 pm and from 7 pm to 8.30 pm, every day (included)
For Mum and Dad peace of mind comes with knowing that the Kids Club is run by diploma-level qualified staff. The confidence of knowing that the children were in safe hands (and more so that they wanted to be in the Kids Club every minute of the day) allowed us to grab some adult time and appreciate the grown up facilities!
FAMILY TIP: Be sure to check out the whole range of activities on offer when you arrive as they tend to have a different event each night so work your night time routine around what’s on – it’ll be worth it to see the looks on your kids’ faces.
Don’t just take it from us, check out our highlights reel below!
STORY CONTINUES ON PAGE 2