Let’s have some FUN these school holidays, shall we? Fun with the kids, outside of the house, away from the housework. FUN doing something completely new and exciting that piques everyone’s interest.
A day out on the water spotting dolphins and/or whales? How about a morning cuddling koalas and petting kangaroos? Or perhaps an afternoon climbing through trees at an aerial adventure park? Who’s keen?
Regardless of where you’re going these school holidays, or if you’re looking for something to do in your area, we’ve got things school holidays sorted.
Thanks to Experience Oz, the travel booking experts, we’ve counted down 50 things to do these school holidays. Best of all, every activity is under $100! So enjoy that day out, weekend away or week of adventure with your tribe. Good days are coming!
School Holidays Sorted
If you haven’t uncovered the ease of booking your family-friendly experiences with Experience Oz, then now’s the time to give them a go. Experience Oz is one of Australia and New Zealand’s biggest things-to-do, tour and attractions marketplace, ideal for families looking to fun things to do with kids.
What we really love about Experience Oz is that they really understand what families need and want from their adventures:
- SUPER SIMPLE BOOKINGS: We’re talking about the ability to book in less than two minutes (on your phone or computer), even while simultaneously chopping up fruit AND explaining the wonderful world of long division to your child. Yes, it’s possible!
- SUPER TRUSTED: Experience Oz is Aussie-owned and proud to support local tourism businesses. Plus they come over 16,000 reviews and a Feefo rating of 4.5/5.
- SUPER FAMILY-FRIENDLY: It’s so easy to find activities based on your and your child’s specific interests and ages such as theme parks and thrill-seeking adventures for the older kids and zoos together with indoor play areas for the younger ones.
- SUPER EASY CANCELLATION WITH FLEXIBLE BOOKINGS: This is one of the best things about Experience Oz. If plans change, say someone gets sick or a flight gets cancelled, perhaps even the weather is terrible, you can either cancel with your money back or rebook for another day. Winning!
- SUPER AFFORDABLE: Experience Oz also has a price guarantee so you don’t have to worry about overpaying for any experience. There are no hidden costs, no dramas. Just good days ahead.
Experience Oz has seriously SOOOO many adventures to discover. We’re talking over 3,000 exciting experiences across 50 areas in Australia and New Zealand.
50 things to do these school holidays
We’ve listed just a few of our top things to do in the main cities, but be sure to check Experience Oz if you’re headed anywhere these school holidays or to just check out the best things to do during these school holidays in your home city.
They’ve got family-friendly things to do in Cairns, Brisbane, the Whitsundays, Hunter Valley, Byron Bay, Alice Springs, Darwin, Mornington Peninsula and so many other top destinations.
Things to do in Sydney for under $100
1. WILD LIFE Sydney: For the kiddies who LOVE animals, you cannot go past WILD LIFE Sydney. It’s located in the heart of Darling Harbour and is home to the iconic Aussie Big Five: koalas, saltwater crocodiles, wombats, platypuses and kangaroos. From $38.40.
2. SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium: Another animal adventure is SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium, also located in Darling Harbour and displaying more than 700 species comprising more than 13,000 individual fish. From $40.80.
3. Sydney Tower Eye: A true Sydney icon, experience all Sydney has to offer with this observation deck. For thrillseekers (and older kids) have a look at the Sydney Tower SkyWalk. From $26.40.
4. Madame Tussauds Sydney: This is a fun activity to do with little and big kids, especially for those who love a good selfie with a celebrity! Step on the red carpet and get up close and personal with some of the world’s most iconic figures. From $38.40.
BOOKING TIP: Consider a BUNDLE Package from Experience Oz which allows you to pick two, three, or four activities. starting at $65 (for two activities) to $85 (for four activities).
More things to do in Sydney for under $100:
6. Whale Watching Express Cruise
7. Taronga Zoo
8. iFly Indoor Skydiving
9. Treetops Adventure Park
Things to do on the Gold Coast for under $100
10. Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary: If you’re looking for animals on the Gold Coast, you can’t go past Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary, one of the most popular attractions in South East Queensland. All your animal favourites are here – you can cuddle up to and have your photo taken with a koala, get up close with crocodiles, hand-feed the many friendly kangaroos and much, much more. From $59.95.
11. Gold Coast Aquaduck Tour: If you’re looking for a water experience like no other, jump onboard an Aquaduck Tour that shows you the sights both on land and in the water. The kids will get a kick out of it, especially when the Aquaduck enters the waves! Oh, and kids get to drive it too! From $50.00.
12. SkyPoint Climb: If you’re after something to do with your teens, this is our top pick! Skypoint Climb takes you to a height of 270 metres above sea level and provides climbers with unparalleled views of the stunning Gold Coast region. Gain a new perspective with your teen and no eye rolls either! From $89.00.
Other things to do around Queensland, all under $100:
14. Gold Coast Illusions Magic Show (Gold Coast)
15. Australian Outback Spectacular (Gold Coast)
16. Fitzroy Island Day Trip (Cairns)
17. Australia Zoo (Sunshine Coast)
18. Infinity Attraction (Gold Coast)
19. Daintree River Cruise (Daintree)
Things to do in Melbourne for under $100
20. Puffing Billy Railway: All aboard a traintastic adventure for the family on the historic Puffing Billy steam railway from Belgrave to Lakeside. This is such a unique experience and a wonderful day out. From $61.00.
21. LEGOLAND: We couldn’t include a round-up of things to do in Melbourne and NOT include LEGOLAND! Explore the exciting LEGO-themed rides, the replicas of local and global landmarks made out of millions of LEGO bricks in MINILAND, the 5 LEGO build and play areas, as well as a 4D cinema. From $28.80.
22. ArtVo: Another interesting attraction in Melbourne (as well as the Gold Coast) is ArtVo where you can become part of the artwork. This is a great venue for kids of all ages, including teens, featuring over 80 different 3D reality-defying artworks and optical illusions. From $30.00
Other things to do in Melbourne for under $100
24. Philip Island Penguin Parade
25. Metart Melbourne
26. SEA LIFE Melbourne
27. Melbourne Skydeck
28. Old Melbourne Gaol
29. Werribee Open Range Zoo
30. Healesville Sanctuary
BOOKING TIP: Check out the iVenture Pass. For just $79 (child) and $99 (adult), you can access three different attractions as you choose from 17 adventures in Melbourne including zoos, tours, river cruises and museums.
Things to do in Adelaide for under $100
31. TreeClimb Adelaide: Spend hours climbing through the treetops at Adelaide’s only aerial adventure park. TreeClimb Adelaide is a great activity for thrill-seeking families. From $42.00.
32. Mount Lofty Adventure Hub: Head to new heights with ziplining, abseiling and even a three-seater Mega Swing that will have you and the kids flying through the air. Such a fun day out! From $67.00.
33. Dolphin Cruise: Hop onboard a 3.5-hour catamaran cruise to witness dolphins at play. This is only available during certain seasons – a great one to book in these September school holidays. From $78.00.
Other things to do in Adelaide for under $100:
35. Adelaide Gaol Ghost Tour
36. Kayaking and Surfing Lessons
37. Kangaroo Island
Things to do in Western Australia and Tasmania for under $100
38. Camel Ride: A trip to Broome isn’t complete without a camel ride along the iconic Cable Beach. This sunset tour is perfect for families with young children and is only a short 30-minute trip, ideal for little ones with small attention spans. From $60.00.
39. Mammoth Caves Tour: If you’re in Margaret River, a great family activity to do is the Mammoth Caves which takes you inside caverns and over boardwalks in an educational and entertaining tour. From $24.00.
40. Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary: If you’re in Tassie, then Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary is absolutely a must. It’s home to the Tasmanian devil, the Eastern quoll and the shy Tasmanian bettong. From $39.59.
More things to do in WA and TAS for under $100
42. AQWA – The Aquarium of Western Australia (Perth)
43. Mandurah Pirate Cruise (Perth)
44. Tamar River Cruise (Launceston)
Things to do in New Zealand for under $100
45. Onsen Hot Pools: If you’re heading across the pond to New Zealand, the Onsen Hot Pools are just divine! The hot pool room can accommodate families so you can take a soak and unwind as a family. From $80.64.
46. Glowworms Caves: Head into a beautiful grotto for something completely different that the kids will absolutely love, especially when they discover the thousands of glow worms lighting up the caves! From $56.22.
More things to do in New Zealand for under $100
48. Skiing at Cardona Alpine Resort (Queenstown)
49. Auckland Harbour Sailing Cruise (Auckland)
50. Hells Gate Geothermal Park (Rotorua)
Experience the Best of Oz (and NZ)
If you are hoping to enjoy a little trip away with the family these school holidays or even a day out to do something special with the kids, head to Experience Oz and have a look at what’s on offer. Their website is incredibly easy to navigate and you can search based on activities (such as theme parks, cruises, and animal encounters) as well as by destination.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: SAVE $10 OFF ANY ACTIVITY OVER $99 USING CODE MC10 at checkout (6 September to 7 October 2023)
This is a sponsored post for Experience Oz