The summer months can be synonymous with being on the go, embracing the great outdoors and soaking up the sun’s rays. But, they can also present a few challenges, especially for busy mums.
From juggling an ever-expanding nappy bag, to protecting very sensitive skin, summer and the holiday season can prove tough on both mum and baby.
Nappy specialists, BabyLove shares with us their 5 TOP TIPS to sail through summer with a happy baby in tow:
- Essential ‘travel’ kit – every nappy bag should contain a few essential items, including 4 disposable nappies, a pack of nappy wipes, plastic bags for easy disposal as you go, a clean towel/sheet for a make-shift change-table, 1-2 changes of clothes and sun protection!
- Avoid irritating nappy rash – to prevent nappy rash this season, nappy specialists BabyLove advises parents to use nappies that have high absorbency so that they stay dry and breathable at all times while also giving babies sufficient care and comfort.
- Reduce over-heating by regularly checking and changing nappies. A highly absorbent nappy will also be vital in ensuring a more comfortable feel. BabyLove’s nappies include a DriWave™ layer that absorbs instantly, actively drawing liquid away from the nappy’s surface.
- Fit baby nappies with ease. To avoid nasty red marks on your baby’s legs, ensure a snug – but not a tight – fit when dressing your baby or toddler. Cosifit™ is the only nappy in Australia to include specially designed “double support gathers” which more evenly distribute pressure from the leg band elastic, whilst also providing a snug fit. And, they deliver an advanced level of leakage protection, so you won’t be caught out when you’re out and about.
- Regularly re-hydrate your little one as the day unfolds. A cold pack or vacuum container are ideal for keeping drinks twice as refreshing, so you and baby can cool down whilst on the go!
“We know that mums want nappies to care for their babies’ sensitive skin and this is never more so than in the warmer summer months, when delicate skin is more susceptible to the harsh elements,” said Debra Smith of Unicharm, the manufacturers of BabyLove Nappies.
BabyLove recently launched the revolutionary new nappy, Cosifit™ – the first nappy in Australia to feature specially designed double support gathers which prevent red marks appearing on a baby or infant’s skin. The reinforced gathers also deliver a higher level of leakage protection, minimising gaps emerging around the legs.
BabyLove Cosifit is available in a range of sizes from Newborn and Infant to Crawler, Toddler, Walker and Junior. The range is available at Woolworths, Coles, IGA, Big W, Kmart, Babies’R’US, Baby Bunting, Chemist Warehouse and other leading retailers and online stores.
To celebrate their fab newCosifit™ nappy, we’re offering one lucky reader a 6-month supply of Babylove nappies. To enter, simply complete the entry form below and you’re in the running!