“It is a major breakthrough to be able to transform a condition that’s lethal into something we are screening for free and treating.”
In Australia, around 20 children a week present to an emergency department with a button battery-related injury. On Wednesday, new laws will hopefully prevent these accidents from happening. Here’s what we all need to know about the new button battery laws.
“We had no clue this plant was dangerous. It was literally everywhere in our backyard.”
A popular party decorating item but definitely not a toy. Parents wish to warn others of helium gas inhaling dangers after the tragic death of their young son.
“I know [my son] waited to see me again in the morning, before he left. So as far as signs and symptoms I’m not sure what to say because it was really quick and it looked like a normal stomach bug.” Our hearts are breaking for Shelby as she shares the story behind her son’s incredibly sudden death.
Having a tough time in the loo? Here’s what your stool says about you and why a simple daily action can improve your digestive health.
Aubree had a little pimple on her face that quickly escalated. How did it happen? From a kiss!
“Three years ago, I went into my Pappaw’s room to ask to borrow a fishing pole. I walked to his bed to wake him up, only to find him passed on. I was 9 years old. I never talked to anybody about how I was feeling, just that I missed him, but not how I felt deep inside. The depression.”
Trigger warning: This story may be difficult for some. You may not have heard about baby mailboxes or ‘safe haven boxes’ before. Here’s why you really should. Do you think we should have these in Australia?
Does mum suffer with dry skin or eczema? Give her (or yourself!) the gift of gorgeous, well hydrated skin this Mother’s Day with New Zealand’s Mamaku skincare!
Health authorities are now scrambling to understand the cause of the outbreak as a confirmed case is reported in Asia. It appears that children under five are most at risk. Here’s what you need to know and signs to look for.
Doctors thought Millie Mae had an ear infection. Turns out, it was an aggressive cancer that took this sweet little girl just 8 days after her diagnosis.
One moment Chase was playing soccer, the next he was unconscious. His parents are now urging others to know the signs of stroke in children.
“I knew, as his mum, something wasn’t quite right. I just didn’t know what it was. The responses we generally received were “He’s a late developer… he’ll grow out of it.”
Qukes® are SO much more than a cucumber, here we show you just how versatile these brain-boosting green guys can be for snacking on the run!
Four days after her daughter’s death, Shannon knew she had to go into her daughter’s room. “So I ripped the bandaid off, drank my vodka, and just did it. Turns out, I’m glad I did.” Trigger warning: This story mentions child loss.
Bumps, bruises, splinters, scrapes and scratches – check out our go-to guide on common kid injuries.
Did your baby have jaundice? If so, you’re in great company!
Okay parents, it’s not a subject we often talk about but how do we care for our son’s foreskin?? Paediatric Urologist, Professor Paddy Dewan, has ALL the answers!
Our thoughts are with the family as they come to terms with this absolute tragedy.
When Evelyn was a baby, she only used to move her feet. Her parents even gave her the nickname Happy Feet. However, recently they were devastated to find out that this quirk was actually the sign of a very rare and deadly genetic condition.