Can you believe it’s been 10 years of awkward selfies, food snaps and “from where you’d rather be” holiday pics? Yep, Instagram is having a birthday this week!
To celebrate the milestone 10th birthday, here are 10 of our favourite Instagram posts to land in our feed.
Spoiler alert – it’s not ALL Kardashian pics.
To be fair, considering how the Kardashians do saturate the Instagram market, we’ve highlighted a couple of our faves but left room for others. Because not everyone keeps up with the Kardashians and also, #fairness.
So without further ado, we wish Insta a very happy 10th birthday and enjoy this trip down memory lane!
10 unforgettable Instagram posts - chosen by us!
1. Beyonce’s pregnancy announcement
We remember this announcement from Queen Beyonce for two reasons. Firstly, how exciting, TWINS! Secondly, the portrait itself was kind of odd. Excitement met with weirdness. A rollercoaster of emotions if you will.
2. Jennifer Aniston joins Insta, breaks the internet
The Friends gang reunite for a candid snap, Jen Aniston opens an Insta account and we all fell over ourselves screaming Ross’s PIVOT around each other to hit the follow button. Crazy, joyous times, folks.
3. When Katy and Orlando welcomed daughter Daisy
4. The time an egg was the most famous of them all
Possibly one of the greatest calls of the Instagram audience ever, the world_record_egg Instagram account set out to be the most liked post on Instagram and well, the Instagram people didn’t hesitate in giving the shell a double-tap. A hard egg to crack, this post has nearly 55 million likes.
5. Celeste Barber continues to make us laugh… and cry
Our very own Celeste Barber brings us all of the LOLs often with her hilarious and very relatable Instagram account. The Aussie comedian not only unites us in laughter with her celebrity spin-offs, but she also bought the entire world together in raising money for those affected by bushfires earlier this year. Our very own superwoman, we love you, Celeste!
6. Amy Schumer keeps motherhood REAL
Celebrity or not, mums are all going through the same “blessings” day in day out. Thank you, Amy, for reminding us that behind all the glitz and the glamour, we’re all just catching a nap and hanging out in our comfy underwear whenever we can. #newbornbubble
7. When Liam Hemsworth tells us to stay in bed…
The Hemsworth brothers are two of Australia’s greatest actors and most handsome assets. When Liam says in a post “Happy Easter! Stay safe. Stay in bed.” we do what we’re told.
8. Kylie Jenner introduces daughter Stormi to the world
18 million people double-tapped this post from Kylie Jenner when she introduced her daughter Stormi Webster to her 197 million followers. And we have to say it’s a first glimpse post and pretty sweet – not at all showy for one of the world’s most famous families.
9. The coolest parents there ever was
OK, I’m well aware it’s a double entry from Kylie Jenner but on a scale of 1 to 10 on the most awesome family Halloween costume scale, these guys hit it OUT. OF. THE. PARK.
10. The time Rudy Blake gave wise COVID-19 advice
This was the MOST cutest video to hit my feed this year to spread the be safe Covid-19 message. Starring Hamish Blake and Zoe Foster Blake‘s daughter, Rudy. Watch it below!
View this post on Instagram
Curious to know who’s winning the Instagram race?
When it comes to who is most popular on the Instagram platform, the stats are reported as follows for the top five positions (and I think you might be surprised!)
- Instagram (yes themselves!) with 370 million followers
- Cristiano Ronaldo (soccer player) with 239 million followers
- Ariana Grande (singer) with 203 million followers
- The Rock (Dwayne Johnson, actor and wrestler) with 200 million followers
- Kylie Jenner (cosmetics company founder) with 197 million followers
Depending on how old you are, you’ll either be surprised by those top five or not!
Instagram continues to be a fun place to hang out, see what people are eating, where they’re up to in a reno and get those delicious glimpses into celebrity lives.
Happy 10th birthday and don’t forget to follow Mum Central on Instagram!
What to Read Next
- Comedian Recreates Celebrity Instagram Photos in a Hilariously Real Way
- This Adorable Newborn Already Has More Followers Than You… and Here’s Why
- Instagram Introduces Bully Filter to Stop Mean Comments and Bullying