With Father’s Day just weeks away, it’s not too late to slip a little gift buying into your regular grocery routine with this week’s ALDI Special Buys out this Wednesday 24th August, and this time they’re especially for dad!
Never heard of Special Buys? In addition to ALDI’s everyday range, they have their weekly ‘Special Buys’ which add an element of surprise to their everyday core range. Products come in on Wednesdays and Thursdays and stock is strictly limited so once it’s gone, it’s gone! Get in early and bag yourself a bargain, the quality is exceptional and all come with ALDI’s money back guarantee!
We put some of the Men’s Clothing range to the test and to be honest, I was really impressed with the quality AND the price! I’ll show you a few of our favourite picks with our resident Mum Central male model (aka my husband Jason!) and I’ve also included a few extras (from toys and games to accessories for the bar/pool room/man cave and even some delicious sweet treats in-between!)
1. WEST BAY Men’s Dress Shirts – Assorted colours and styles – Sizes: S-XL, $16.99
I mean for $16.99 I certainly didn’t expect this look and feel! It’s actually a nice quality fabric with a really nice cut. PLUS, it’s got removable collar stays so the collar will keep its shape too … AND it’s 100% cotton.
2. WEST BAY Men’s PIMA Cotton Cashmere Sweater – Size: S – XXL, $19.99
My husband loves these types of jumpers to put over his shirts at work. Initially it felt quite thin but once he put it on he realised just how lovely and warm the cashmere was and was totally sold. It fit well and the ribbed neck, sleeve cuff and hem gave it a nice finish. Best of all the $19.99 price tag was the icing on the cake! Cashmere sweater for under 20 bucks? #winning
3. WEST BAY Men’s Boxer 3pk – Size: S-XXL, $13.99
Not sure if your man’s a boxer or briefs kinda guy. If they love boxers then these WEST BAY Boxers are a soft combed cotton jersey knit and at just $11.99 for a 3 pack, a pretty great value. Big range of colours and sizes go right up to an XXL.
If they’re more of a briefs kinda guy then these WEST BAY Men’s Trunks 3pk for $13.99 could be just what he needs and again in a huge range of colours and styles (and up to XXL too) you just need some socks and hankies and you’re done! 😉
4. Catullus Men’s Leather Boat Shoes – Size: 7-12, $39.99
Dress up his casual look with these Catallus leather boat shoes, for just $39.99 a pair. Featuring leather lining, sock and laces, he’ll be looking schmick from top to toe. Pair it with a pair of chinos and a polo and you could be confused for thinking he’s stepped off the runways at Paris Fashion week! 😉
5. Catullus Men’s Leather Business Shoes – Size: 7-12, $29.99
If boat shoes aren’t his thing, how about grabbing a pair of the Catullus men’s leather business shoes at just $29.99 a pair. A seriously great price for leather and you can pick from lace up or slip on designs.
6. Satisfy His Sweet Tooth from $4.99
If you think you’d be better off satisfying his sweet tooth, then you can’t go past the delicious range of chocolates, nuts, spices and other cool treats in this Weeks’ Special Buys!
7. How about something to fit out his Man Cave / Shed / Pool Room?
On Sale Saturday 27th August
Check out the cool range of accessories that’ll make YOU the best thing since sliced bread and HIM totally smitten with his cool new gadgets & boy’s toys!
Some of our faves include:
- Basketball Shootout – 8 game options and 5 x PVC Basketballs – Just $99.99
- Glass Cabinet – The perfect place to store his sporting trophies & memorabilia! $89.99
- Dartboard Set – Comes with 6 darts and will prove you’re not his only bullseye! $29.99
- Board Games – Smart Ass, Dumb Ass or Pub Trivia – just $19.99 ea
8. How about something for the Bar?
I was pretty impressed at how affordable some of these babies were…and I’m in for the wine aerator and the ice buckets!!
- Spirit Dispenser – rotating & freestanding, pours a standard shot when pushed. $26.99
- Assorted Glasses – European glass in assorted styles, amazing price at $9.99pk
- Ice/Wine Buckets-Choose from smooth or beaten finishes in stainless & copper $9.99
- Bar Mat or Glass Drying Cloth – The perfect accessories to any bar at $3.99 ea
- Premium Drinks Trolley – Steel frame with chrome finish, lockable castors. $79.99
- Drink Accessories – Drink stones, Ice Sphere Moulds & Wine Aerator – $3.99 ea
9. He’ll be the best groomed man in town with these great kits!
On sale Wednesday 31st August.
If he’s of the bearded variety, then you can’t go past this Prince Rumple & Pyne Beard Grooming Kit at just $14.99. Featuring beard oil, balm, wash & comb with essential oils and is dermatalogically tested too!
Alternatively this Prince Rumple & Pyne Men’s Manicure Grooming Kit at $7.99 might be more of his style featuring tweezers, nail file, cuticle pusher, nail clipper, angled clipper and scissors, all in a handy pouch!
Since ALDI Australia established in 2001, they have opened more than 420 stores nationwide and plan to open 120 stores in South Australia and Western Australia in the coming years! It’s no surprise if you’ve shopped there before, that a recent CHOICE survey* found Australian’s could save up to 50% on their weekly groceries just by shopping at ALDI. This just goes to reinforce their position of the price leader. Better in your own pocket don’t you think?
This is a sponsored post for ALDI Australia and all of the opinions are my own.
* Basket items prices in the CHOICE survey included brands and private label equivalents across 31 product categories, including fresh food items, bread, cheese, chocolate, tuna, toilet paper and frozen peas