Breastfeeding? Need a hand to increase your milk supply? These quick and easy Lactation Cookies will have your milk cranking up in no time, and they’re super tasty too!
If you need to increase your supply even more, add more BREWER’S YEAST, the magical ingredient!
Serves: 6 dozen cookies
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal (found at any local health food store)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups oats, thick cut if possible
- 1 cup or more chocolate chips/sultanas etc (whatever tickles your fancy)
- 2-4 tablespoons of brewers yeast* (be generous)
- Preheat oven at 180C.
- Mix together 2 tablespoons of flaxseed meal & water.
- Set aside for 3-5 minutes.
- Cream (beat well) margarine and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, mix well.
- Stir flaxseed mixture and add with vanilla to the margarine mix.
- Beat until blended.
- Sift together dry ingredients, except oats and chips.
- Add to margarine mixture.
- Stir in oats then chips.
- Scoop or drop onto baking sheet, preferably lined with parchment.
- The dough is a little crumbly, so it helps to use a scoop.
Bake: 8-12 minutes, depending on size of cookies.
* Don’t substitute brewer’s yeast for anything else… that’s what makes them so powerful!
I made these with my first son and ‘snacked’ on the raw cookie dough while making them (well it was yummy!) Anyway, I had two wet spots on my top by the time they went on the tray and into the oven so remember, RAW DOUGH INCREASES THE EFFECT TEN-FOLD! Don’t say we didn’t warn you!!