You know what really makes managing a screaming six-month old, who refuses to be anywhere other than your hip, easier?
Trying to prepare their steamed fruit and veggie for lunch AT THE SAME TIME as they scream.
There is nothing more enjoyable than squatting down with eight kilograms of baby to try and find the right saucepan. Except perhaps realising that said saucepan doesn’t fit the steamer basket inside it. Or even realising that the blades of your blender don’t quite work to create the right texture that you need.
Holiday in Tahiti? No thanks. Playing the ‘feed the weaning baby’ is so much more fun.
The move from a milk-based diet to ‘real food’ is a huge milestone for your bub. It also brings with it a whole heap of new challenges.
Suddenly, a boob or bottle just won’t do. Baby needs to eat and managing the process in the quickest and easiest way possible is key. Because #mumlife, we don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen, fussing around with (potentially dangerous) saucepans of hot water and keeping an eagle eye on the apple and pear to make sure it doesn’t burn.
Cue Your New Best Friend – the Tommee Tippee Baby Food Steamer Blender.
It’s a godsend for the busy mum (who isn’t!?) with a brand new eater. The ultimate multi-tasker, it chops and dices, steams and blends your choice of fruit, veggies and even meat, at the touch of a button. No fussing around with saucepans and steamers, food processors and blenders. It’s an all-in-one, healthy food creating miracle worker that allows you to choose from three different modes then ‘set and forget’ while it does all the hard work.
Say, for example, you’ve decided you want to prepare a couple of different meals for your eight-month-old. Veggie mash and pear and blueberry puree. You’ll need to steam the veggies to make sure they’re soft enough for bub, followed by a thorough mashing to remove the biggest lumps and bumps.
Instead of using a whole range of kitchen implements, you can simply pop your chosen veggies into the Tommee Tippee Baby Food Steamer Blender BPA free jug and use the ‘automatic steam to blend’ cycle. Simply press the ‘steam’ button, followed by the ‘blend’ button, set your time and press ‘start.’ And you’re away! That’s it!
Perfectly prepared veggies will retain all their nutrients, thanks to the steaming method, which will be automatically blended and ready to serve. No need to transfer between steaming and blending which minimises washing up and food wastage.
For your fruit puree, you may just want to blend as the fruit is soft enough without the need for steaming.
Simply pop your fruit into the BPA free jug and choose the ‘blend’ function. You can even choose your texture from perfectly smooth to chunky and everything in between.
There’s also the option to simply steam your chosen foods, perfect for older babies or toddlers who enjoy finger foods like carrot sticks or chunks of apple. The Tommee Tippee Baby Food Steamer Blender also comes with some fab recipe cards along with some delicious recipes on the website to get you started. Choose from nutritionist approved purees and mashes, that cater for the full weaning spectrum, from little bubs to toddlers.
4 THINGS WE LOVE!
Apart from the obvious (convenience and ease!) here are our four fave features of the Tommee Tippee Baby Food Steamer Blender.
- The automatic timer – They say a watched pot never boils, well a watched baby food machine means time away from your little munchkin who could use that unsupervised period to wreak havoc on the house. Once you’ve chosen your mode on the Tommee Tippee Baby Food Steamer Blender, the automatic timer will do all the work for you. Simply set and forget.
- The benefits of steaming – We all want to give our kids the very best nutrition possible. Steaming food not only locks in the flavour but also ensures key nutrients are not lost in the cooking process. Healthy, homemade food at the press of a button!
- Less washing up – What parent DOESN’T want this in their life? Forget scrubbing saucepans and mashers or trying to clean the blades of the blender. This all-in-one solution means a single piece of washing up. High fives all around.
- Completely customisable – Whether you need to make a small or large batch, steam, blend or both, the Tommee Tippee Baby Food Steamer Blender can do it.
TIPS & TRICKS FOR BUSY MUMS:
- Save time by prepping and freezing in bulk! The Tommee Tippee Baby Food Steamer Blender jug has a great capacity, meaning you can make multiple servings quickly and easily. Simply portion out into your food storage containers (we love the Tommee Tippee Pop Up Freezer Pots), freeze and re-heat when needed.
- Use the Steamer Blender for finger food for older children – Looking for a quick and easy way to prepare veggie sticks and other bite sized morsels? Use your Steamer Blender! To get ahead for the week, prep your choice of veggies (carrot sticks, broccoli and cauliflower florets and chunks of zucchini all work well) and pop them in to steam. Once they’re done, store them in an air-tight container in the fridge for snacks or to give a nutritional boost to meals.
- Create your own treats in a snap – If you’ve got a little yoghurt lover on your hand (or an older child who can’t pass up an ice block), use your Steamer Blender to create a tasty fruit puree, blend with some natural yoghurt and either store in reusable pouches or freeze in moulds for a tasty yet super healthy snack.
4 QUICK & EASY RECIPES TO USE WITH THE TOMMEE TIPPEE STEAMER BLENDER
Check out a host of other Steamer Blender recipes here, from basic to more advanced recipes.
CARROT PUREE (STAGE 1)
– 200g carrots
– Wash, peel and chop the carrots
– Keep water or drain off to your preference, then blend for 2 minutes to a smooth puree
– Blend for 2 minutes to a smooth puree
FIRST CHICKEN & VEGETABLE PUREE (STAGE 2)
– 50g chicken breast
– 50g carrot
– 50g parsnip
– 50g broccoli
– Dice the chicken breast and add to the steamer blender
– Cook for 10 minutes
– Wash peel and chop the parsnip and carrot
– Wash and chop the broccoli
– Add the vegetables to the steamer blender
– Steam for a further 15 minutes
– Drain off any excess water and blend for 20-30 seconds
CHICKPEA AND VEGETABLE STEW (STAGE 3)
– 50g chickpeas (tinned)
– 70g butternut squash
– 50g chopped fresh tomatoes
– 15g red onion
– 15g spinach
– ¼ clove of garlic
– Pinch of mild curry powder (optional)
– Wash peel and chop the butternut squash
– Wash the broccoli and spinach
– Add all of the ingredients into the steamer blender
– Steam for 15 minutes
– Drain off any excess water and blend for 4-10 seconds
– Mix with some cooked basmati rice to serve
Thanks to our friends at Tommee Tippee, we have 3 of the Tommee Tippee Baby Food Steamer Blenders to give away valued at $199 each.
To enter, simply complete the entry form below in full and tell us in the comments at bottom of page what you think makes the Steamer Blender such an incredible help for any mum starting their baby on solids.
This has been a sponsored post for Tommee Timmee