If you’re already eyeing Christmas trees and making a list of ornaments to add to your Christmas pile this year, make sure you bookmark these crafty Christmas décor hacks for a spare weekend.
They are super easy to do – even the most reluctant DIYer like myself can do them. Trust me, if I can do them and make them look good, then ANYONE can.
So, glue guns at the ready. Make a DIY date. Head to Kmart to grab the supplies and get your Christmas craft on!
Try DIY and save 10%
I’d love to take credit for these super beautiful Christmas décor hacks but I am not nearly that crafty. Instead, our friends at The Christmas Cart have shared with us their fave Kmart Christmas décor hacks.
They also have Mum Central a code to share so you can get $10 off your first order* – that’s right $10 off! Just enter MUMS2019 in the Discount Code box as you check out.
HACK 1: Kmart Wooden Letters into Stocking Hangers
You know those super popular wooden letters in the toy section at Kmart? Lots of us mums use them for our kids’ rooms. But you can also use them for festive stocking hangers.
What you need:
- Kmart wooden letters of your choice ($2 each)
- Plain stocking holders
- Spray glitter paint or Spray paint, Spray adhesive & glitter
- Double-sided tape or hot glue (optional)
How to make it:
- Decide which word or letters you would like to use. This will depend on how many stockings you have to hang. For example, if you have 3 stockings you could use the word Joy, 4 stockings could be Love or Noel, and 5 stockings could be Peace.
- Paint and/or glitter the wooden letters. We used translucent glitter spray paint which looks particularly pretty at night.
- Place your wooden letters on top of a set of plain stocking hangers. You can add a piece of double-sided tape or a small amount of hot glue.
HACK 2: Kmart Candle Holders into Snow Scenes
Give your kids the white Christmas they’ve always wanted (and most likely beg you for every year) with this super easy wintery idea – snow scenes! How cute are they?! My kids LOVE ours and, of course, HAD to have one each for their rooms.
You will need:
- Kmart Pillar Candle Holders ($7 each)
- Christmas Light Up Ornaments
- Small wire Christmas trees
- Artificial snow
- White glitter paper/foam
- Craft knife, double-sided tape
How to make it:
- Lay the pillar candle holder down on the top of the glitter paper/foam and cut around the back of it.
- Trim the paper so it fits snuggly into the back of the pillar candle.
- Put a small piece of double-sided tape at the top and bottom of the paper and fix it to the inside of the pillar candle.
- Place artificial snow at the bottom of the pillar candle holder.
- Place Light Up Christmas Ornaments and small wire Christmas trees to create your very own little snow scene.
HACK 3: Kmart Wooden Letters into Wall Art
Need another awesome idea for Kmart wooden letters? Why not make some Christmas-themed gallery art. All you need are the Kmart wooden letters J, O and Y, plus Kmart photo frames, Christmas decorations and this lovely Christmas printable which you can DOWNLOAD FOR FREE here.
What you need:
- Joy, Merry, Blessed Christmas Artwork
- Kmart Black Photo Frames; 20cm x 20cm (Nice – $6), 20 x 25 (Manhattan – $8), 20cm x 40cm (Manhattan – $8) & A4 (Executive Certificate – $10)
- J O Y Wooden Letters ($2 each)
- Silver glitter paint or silver paint, spray adhesive & silver glitter
- Black glitter foam
- Christmas tree decorations
- 3M Strips or Hooks, hot glue gun and craft knife
How to make it:
- Take the back off all the frames and take the glass out.
- Using your craft knife, cut around the edge of each piece of glass to cut out a piece of black glitter foam the exact same size as the glass.
- Download and print the Christmas Artwork. Mount it on the black glitter background in the A4 Frame. Reassemble the frame with the glass in the front.
- For the other three frames, reassemble them but without the glass.
- Give the J O Y wooden letters a couple of coats of silver glitter paint or two coats of silver spray paint, one coat of spray adhesive then sprinkle with silver glitter.
- Using your hot glue gun, mount the glittered wooden letters in the 20cm x 40cm Manhattan Frame.
- In the two remaining frames, mount the Christmas decorations by pulling the string out through the top of the frame, adding a little hot glue on the string and then fix it to the back of the frame.
- Mount your stunning gallery wall. To make sure your frames are all evenly spaced, put a mark on a sticky note on the wall in the middle of where you want your frames to hang.
- Line up the bottom of Christmas Artwork frame and the top of the JOY Sign frame with about 2cm between them vertically. Fix them in place.
- Line up the two decorations frames so they line up with the other two frames vertically with a 2cm space between them horizontally.
Love Christmas? You'll love The Christmas Cart!
Deck the halls, jingle those bells and add a whole sleigh full of Christmas cheer to your home with these Christmas décor hacks.
Make sure you also visit our friends over at The Christmas Cart for all things Christmas. They’ve got heaps of different decorations, ornaments and craft supplies to suit almost any Christmas theme or style.
Don’t forget to use the Discount Code MUMS2019 to receive $10 off your first order*
This is a sponsored post for The Christmas Cart
*$10 off your order. Valid 1/11/19 to 15/12/2019. Does not include Shipping