You know I’m all for a good cooking cheat or hack. So when it comes to brownies, I’m all for reaching for a packet mix. You just have to know how to make the MOST of it with a few pantry add-ins…
If you ask me, brownies are always best the day after they’re made. But because I have little willpower, do know that they’re also very delicious when eaten on the same day. #yourewelcome
TIP: You’ll find many worthy brownie add-ins right there in your kitchen. Think chopped nuts, milk, dark or white chocolate chips, even frozen berries. All delicious! Also, if you don’t have a Sausage Roll Maker, head to Kmart TODAY!
Loaded Chocolate Brownies Recipe
Makes around 12 brownie bars
- Chocolate brownie packet mix (check instructions for egg or butter required)
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup of pecans (or walnuts), chopped
- Whipped cream or ice cream (OR BOTH to serve)
- Icing sugar (to dust and serve)
- Berries (to serve)
1. Make the brownie mix according to packet instructions.
2. Fold through chopped pecans and extra chocolate chips.
3. Spoon the mixture into the sausage roll maker cavities.
4. Cook until JUST cooked through in the centre (test with a skewer). It should be around 10 minutes.
5. Separate the rolls and while still warm, dust with icing sugar.
6. Serve with whipped cream and/or ice cream (OF COURSE), add berries and if you like, a drizzle of melted chocolate or caramel sauce for good measure. Pile it all on to a board for the ultimate dessert board, SO FANCY!
TIP: You can absolutely freeze these brownie bars for later. Simply thaw and reheat in the microwave and eat with ice cream and a fudgy sauce for an almost chocolate pudding-like treat!