SIDS and Kids SA are hosting a series of valuable information sessions aimed at educating parents, grandparents, carers or anyone taking care of small children on the latest safe sleeping research.
According to the safe sleeping report released by the SA Government, approximately 10 babies have died in the past year in SA related to sudden unexpected deaths in infancy. All of these were associated to unsafe sleeping environments and were sadly preventable deaths. Considering this is almost one a month in SA alone, it is quite scary and highlights the need for the education!
Approximately 10 babies have died in the past year in SA related to sudden unexpected deaths in infancy. All of these were associated to unsafe sleeping environments and were sadly preventable deaths.
Thankfully, safe sleeping guidelines were introduced in the 1990’s and the incidence of SIDS has reduced by 80%!! This certainly highlights the need to continue this education. If the community is not educated we will see an increase in these deaths once again.
Each information session will be conducted by the SIDS & Kids Education Coordinator, a trained facilitator who’ll not only offer valuable information and insight, but can demonstrate techniques to ensure babies are sleeping safely.
We’d love to see grandparents there too! Let’s face it, often it’s been a good 20 or 30 years since our parents last put babies to sleep and so much has been discovered about safe sleeping practices so it’s better to know now than live with regret.
Who should attend?
- Pregnant Women and their partners (if possible)
- Perfect for first time parents – learn it all correctly from the start!
- Parents/Grandparents – Remember information can change between children!
- Anyone caring for your child
Number of tickets per session:
Strictly limited to 40 people per session
What is the cost to attend?
These events are FREE to attend but tickets MUST be booked to secure your place.
Where will they be held?
Westfield Marion have kindly offered complimentary Seminar space for these events, located on the Ground Floor close-by to the Sportsgirl and Esprit entrance.
What are the dates?
Seminars have been scheduled for the following dates:
- Thursday, 25th June – 10.30 – 11.30am for 1 hour plus question time
- Thursday, 23rd July – 10.30 – 11.30am for 1 hour plus question time
What will attendees receive?
- Latest safe sleeping advice
- Information on how to sleep your baby safely
- Hazards In around the baby’s nursery
- Practical safe sleeping demonstration ( with the use of our portable cot)
- The opportunity to ask questions regarding any concerns they may have
Each attendee will also receive:
- Information Brochures
- 20% Discount to SIDS and Kids online store
- Travel Size Brauer Baby Product
- Brauer Rubber Duck