We all know just how good Weet-Bix™ for breakfast is. But did you know it can be SO much more than just a healthy brekkie cereal? Join us as we put Weet-Bix™ to the test and transform it into three delicious brekkie alternatives the kids will love!
We took a box of the NEW Weet-Bix™ Little Kids Essentials and spun some magic in the Mum Central kitchen for the kids to devour. Some were a little sneaky, and one, well it blew our minds with just how good it was! Keep on scrolling to find out what we did!
Wait, what’s the difference between Weet-Bix™ Kids and Weet-Bix™ Little Kids Essentials?
Weet-Bix™ Kids has transformed into Weet-Bix™ Little Kids Essentials, a new cereal that’s been designed to support healthy growth and development of children aged 1 to 5!
Weet-Bix™ Little Kids Essentials is recommended by nine out of 10 dietitians* and you will find these five awesome benefits in a box:
- Calcium for strong bones, teeth and muscle
- Vitamin B1, magnesium and high in iron for brain and cognitive function
- Folate and Zinc for strong natural immune defences
- Vitamin B2, B3 and B6 for energy to grow, learn and play
- Fibre for digestive and tummy regularity
Specially made for our very own little kids, Weet-Bix™ Little Kids Essentials has a unique and tailored blend of ingredients. These include prebiotics, high in fibre, three wholegrains, nine essential vitamins & minerals, plus it’s low in sugar. Enjoy as part of a balanced diet.
Weet-Bix™ Little Kids Essentials, THREE Ways!
Watch below to see our Weet-Bix™ Little Kids Essentials recipes in motion and scroll down for the recipe details.
RECIPE 1: Weet-Bix™ Little Kids Essentials Pink Smoothie
- 1 Weet-Bix™ Little Kids Essentials biscuit
- 1½ cups So Good™ soy milk
- ¼ cup frozen raspberries
- ¼ cup frozen pink dragonfruit pieces
- ½ small very ripe banana
- Using a blender, add the soy milk in first so it’s in the bottom of the jug, closest to the blades.
- Add the crushed Weet-Bix™ biscuit. Slice the banana and add to the jug. Followed with the frozen fruits.
- Blitz until smooth and a delicious pink colour! Divide between two glasses and serve.
Note: Add a tablespoon of water or soy milk to the glass to thin the smoothie out if your child finds it too thick to drink.
RECIPE 2: Loaded Weet-Bix™ Little Kids Essentials Snacks
1 Serve = 1 loaded Weet-Bix™
- Weet-Bix™ Little Kids Essentials
- Peanut butter
- Fresh berries
- Desiccated coconut
- Almond butter
- Start with a Weet-Bix™ Little Kids Essentials biscuit as the surface to build from.
- Carefully spread with nut butter and top with berries or banana.
- Finish with a sprinkle of coconut or a drizzle of honey. The ultimate Weet-Bix™ stack!
RECIPE 3: Weet-Bix™ Little Kids Essentials Pancake Animals
Serves: 8 to 10
- 3 crushed Weet-Bix™ Little Kids Essentials biscuits
- 1½ cups wholemeal self-raising flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups of So Good™ soy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- Fresh strawberries, blueberries, bananas and chocolate chips for face embellishments
- In a mixing bowl, combine the self-raising flour and the crushed Weet-Bix™ biscuits.
- Add the two lightly beaten eggs and a cup of soy milk. Whisk together, gradually adding more soy milk if the mixture is too thick. (You want it to be a thickened cream consistency, not too thick and not too runny.)
- Whisk in the vanilla paste.
- Heat and grease a frying pan.
- Pour some mixture in a little at a time to make a round shape, let it sit until bubbles form and then flip it over to cook the other side. You’ll need some larger pancakes, along with smaller pikelet sized pancakes to piece together animals.
- Decorate with sliced strawberries, sliced bananas, blueberries and chocolate chips as per the suggested serving above to create animals for some delicious brekkie fun!
What do you think? Will you be keen to give your kids their own ‘pink smoothie’ in the morning instead of sharing yours? Or perhaps the animal pancakes will make for an adorable and fun weekend cooking activity? Let us know, we’d love to hear!
Weet-Bix™ Little Kids Essentials is available from supermarkets now, RRP $4. Containing nutrients you need to help grow healthy little bodies, make sure you put a box in your trolley to keep handy in your pantry TODAY!
This is a sponsored post for Sanitarium.
*In an independently administered survey conducted in 2020 amongst 145 Australia and New Zealand qualified Kids Dietitians, 94% would recommend this product as a healthy breakfast cereal option for healthy kids aged 1-5 years.