Finally guys, we’ve found something to do with Weet-Bix crumbs! And if your kids (like mine) have declared they don’t want Weet-Bix anymore, don’t tell them. I promise they’ll be none the wiser!
My kids are fickle beings. One minute they’re all over breakfast cereal and then.. they’re not. Alas, there HAS to be something to do with it all. So without further ado, first delicious cab off the cereal rank is Weet-Bix slice. YUM. It’s nestled somewhere between a slice and cake and is mighty delicious. The kids don’t have to know it has Weet-Bix in it!
Weet-Bix Slice Recipe
- 1½ cups Self-raising flour
- 1 cup Desiccated coconut
- 90g Butter, melted
- ½ cup Brown sugar
- ½ cup Milk
- 60g of crushed Weet-Bix
- 1 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1 cup Icing sugar
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 2 tbsp Butter, melted
- sprinkles (optional)
1. Preheat an oven to 180°C. degrees. Line a slice tray with baking paper. Add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix well with a wooden spoon.
2. Transfer mixture to the tray and flatten out. Pop in the oven for 25 minutes until baked through.
3. Once the slice is cooled, spread icing over the top.
4. Add sprinkles (if using) and wait for the icing to set before slicing.
Boil the kettle for a cup of tea and enjoy!
An original recipe from Mum’s Pantry, this Weet-Bix slice makes for a fantastic lunch box addition or after school snack. The kids can’t get enough of it!
For more lunch-box, kid-friendly treats, check out the pantry full of recipes we have here at Mum Central. From budget-dinners to decadent deserts and all the lunch box wonders in between, there’s a recipe for everything and everyone!