Let’s talk small-sized toddler meals, lunch box additions and quick on-the-go brekkies. You know what fits the bill for all three? Zucchini slice. And yes, you can make perfect portions of it in the Kmart Sausage Roll Maker!
Zucchini slice is awesome for smuggling veggies into resistant toddlers – or even yourself if you struggle to reach your daily two and five. It’s also VERY versatile. You can cut it up and have it with a serve of salad or veg, as a snack or an easy breakfast bite. And if you ask my kids, they love it with a side of sauce – but I’ll let you be the judge of that.
Without further ado, let’s get started!
Also, if you don’t have a Sausage Roll Maker, head to Kmart TODAY! They’re back in stock around the country and at just $29 they’ll be one of your fave purchases this year!
Sausage Roll Maker Zucchini Slice Bars
Makes around 12
- 1 large (or 2 small) zucchinis, grated
- 100g bacon, diced
- 1 whole brown onion, diced
- 1 cup of grated cheese
- 1 cup of self-raising flour
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- 5 eggs
- salt and pepper
1. Over medium heat using a small frying pan, fry the bacon and onion for a few minutes until onion is soft. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly.
2. In a large mixing bowl mix together the onion, bacon, zucchini and grated cheese. Stir in the flour and season with salt and pepper.
3. In a jug, whisk together the eggs and oil. Add to the mixture and combine completely.
4. Simply spoon the mixture into the Sausage Roll Maker and cook for 10 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
5. Pop them out and eat them warm or cold. These are super versatile, and you can even freeze them for later!
And just like that, you have a week of healthy toddler-sized lunches or handy snacks for the whole family. Are you a fan of zucchini slice? What are your favourite vegetables to add?!