If you love a bargain then head to Amazon Australia to discover the deals in their mid-year sale.
There are big discounts on top name brands like Huggies and Baby Jogger, as well as on big ticket items like laptops and TVs. Here are the deets you need to score big.
Kicking off today, Friday 31 May 2019, Amazon’s mid-year sale has something for everyone. The sale will end 30 June 2019 so there’s an entire month to shop and save.
Rocco Braeuniger, Country Manager of Amazon Australia says: “From savings on select laptops to household staples, we aim to provide Australian shoppers with even better value.”
That’s great news, right? Well, we certainly intend to make the most of the sale but not before we share these top tips for securing the best bargains.
What’s on sale:
- Clothing, shoes and accessories – Up to 50% off select items
- Baby products – Including 30% off Huggies and Baby Jogger
- Electronics – We’re talking laptops from HP and Razer and TVs from Sony and Soniq
- Cookware – 50% off select Circulon, Anolon & Tefal Cookware
- Household and pantry essentials – Spend $50, save 15% on certain pantry and home staples
Getting the most out of the Amazon mid-year sale
To really capitalise on the savings, you need to clue up on the offerings. Particularly as Amazon offers a few different types of deals.
Deals under $25 — These are great if you’re on a budget but don’t want to miss out on scoring yourself a bargain. There’s everything from Nintendo controllers and Nerf guns to bumper packs of laundry detergent and women’s lingerie. Yes, it’s quite varied!
Lightning Deals — These are the promotions that appear for a limited time only and only while stocks last. But, just a warning, you need to be quick-as-lightning to snap up these ones. Lightning Deals are available until either the promotion period for the deal expires or all the available promotional discounts are claimed. They’re also limited to one purchase per Lightning Deal. This just ensures as many people as possible can enjoy the great savings available.
Tip: If a lightning deal sells out there is the option to click the “Join Waitlist” button on the product page to receive a notification if more stock is released. What’s more, if you become an Amazon Prime member, you can access some Lightening Deals exclusively and some 30 minutes ahead of time. Cool eh?
Deals of the Day – These are 24-hour deals (or while stocks last) with massive savings on popular products.
It’s easy to go a little overboard when shopping online. One click to the shopping cart can easily escalate into multiple clicks and suddenly you’ve spent $3,000. Whoopsie. Here are a few ways you can get the bargain without the buyer’s remorse.
- Take stock – Have a look at what you need for your home before you start searching for sales
- Choose quality (when it’s on special) – Good quality items will last you a long time (and make your home seem extra fancy) but it’s always best to buy when they are on sale.
- Make a list for later – What gifts will you be needing later in the year? Birthday presents? Christmas gifts? Are there any upcoming baby showers or weddings this year? Get your gifts during the sales and you’re sorted for later.
Download the Amazon App (Android / Apple) – This helps you to keep an eye on deals. Customers can go to “Today’s Deals” and then “Upcoming” to see all the Mid-Year Sale deals before they go live. If you’re interested in a deal, you can “Watch this Deal” to keep track of it.
If you’re like us and LOVE a good sale, then head to Amazon and check it out yourself. And while you’re getting your online shopping fix, check out BIG W’s 50% off sale, which is also going on right now. Hurray for sales.