Ladies, it’s time to check your cupboards! It seems CorningWare is back with a bang and selling for crazy ridiculous prices on eBay.
Most of us remember CorningWare from our childhood. It’s that white pot with the flowers on it that your mum always used for casseroles. You remember this right?
Your mum probably even gave you one when you had your first flat at uni. You probably shoved it in the back of the corner cupboard.
Well, get to her house ASAP, look in the back of your own cupboards – CorningWare is a collector’s item and some pots are selling for as much as $10,000. If the price is in green, that means it SOLD! Check these ones out…
Of course, not all pots are worth the same amount. The CorningWare Cornflower range, with the soft blue floral design, is the most common pattern.
Less common patterns, the Wildflower (made from 1977 to 1984) and Floral Bouquet (made from 1971 to 1975) currently fetch large sums on eBay. The rarer the pattern, the higher the price at auction.
Antiques and glass design expert Dean Six told Better Homes and Gardens in America the trend is driven by baby boomers.
“Collecting is often what you remember, which is why this is big now because baby boomers are buying back what they grew up with,” Six said.
CorningWare originated in Corning, New York in 1958. The first pattern was cornflower blue flowers on a solid white background. The company produced this staple item for 30 years. “Vintage CorningWare” is defined as items made before 1999.
These are the rarest patterns and the ones worth a small fortune now.
- Black Starburst (percolator only), 1959-1963.
- Blue Heather, 1976-77.
- Butterscotch, 1969.
- Nature’s Bounty, 1971, a limited-edition gift line.
- Platinum Filigree, 1966-68, a limited-edition gift line.
- Renaissance, 1970, a limited-edition gift line.
- Medallion, 1972-74, an olive green, stencilled design that was a Shell Oil Co. promotional piece and never sold in stores.
I don’t know about you, but I am going to look through my cupboard this afternoon and then maybe make a trip to the local Vinnies or Salvos shop.
Need more money-saving tips? Try these stories:
- The Simple Swaps to Help You Save over $2,000 a Year on Your Grocery Bill!
- 5 Back to School Budget Cheats: Get the Kids Ready for Under $40
- 19 Clever Cleaning Tips to Save You Time, Effort and Money!
- 10 Money Savings Tips Anyone Can Adopt