Mum Central is on the hunt for a new team member to join our fabulous and growing team. This time, we’re expanding our Sales Team so if you are a people person who lives and breathes sales, then it very well could be the dream job you’ve been looking for!
Join the team
This is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated, organised and personable sales superstar to join the expanding sales team in a newly created role at one of Australia’s Premier parenting and lifestyle publishers.
Let us tell you a bit about us first
Mum Central loves to keep mums in the know across all sorts of categories, including parenting, home, food, travel and news. We have a highly engaged Facebook community of more than 700,000 mums, reaching millions of mums each week, and hundreds of thousands of mums who visit our website monthly.
Our advertisers range from large brands to smaller businesses and we offer a large range of digital advertising campaigns and promotional activities to suit all budgets.
In our sales department, the key missions are to ensure our advertisers’ needs are met, that we exceed all expectations and that we connect our mums to these great brands.
Now, onto the sales role
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Digital Sales Superstar. This is a part-time position with flexible working hours to ensure a perfect work-life balance. Our team generally works Monday to Friday during school hours but the role does offer flexibility to suit your lifestyle. Plus, there’s an opportunity to grow the role to full time if you’re the right fit and it works for you too!
You will require:
- A strong sales experience. Experience in digital and/or media highly regarded.
- The ability to work remotely but also be part of a team. Mum Central’s tight-knit team meet online weekly and chat daily. While you’ll be working from home, this is not an isolated position and you will enjoy great humour (well we think so), a motivating environment and ample watercooler chat.
- Social media savvy. Social plays a massive role in digital sales so you will need to know the ins and outs of social media and how to make campaigns fly.
- Exceptional communication skills. Being a remote role, communication is key – with your team, with clients and with agencies. Relationships are everything.
- A can-do attitude. Sales isn’t for the faint-hearted – we’re looking for someone with plenty of grit, hungry and passionate about helping to build the brand and help grow Mum Central! Are you up for the challenge?
As our new salesperson, you will
- Meet with new and existing clients to develop relationships
- Handle cold calling to potential clients
- Generate new ideas for campaigns and promotions
- Deliver and execute proposals and presentations using PPT
- Work with key internal stakeholders to achieve results
- Work from home but utilise a number of online platforms to communicate via the team and clients
If this sounds like something you’d love to do, then we would love to hear from you. Please apply below with a cover letter detailing:
- Your strategic digital sales experience
- A little about your life
- What you can bring to the Mum Central sales team
Strictest confidentiality will be assured.