It’s something I use at least three times a week. Usually more. But, I’ll be honest with you. The oven is one of those areas in our house that I tend to “skip” when doing the obligatory house clean.
The reason? Because the process is a daunting one. It’s dirty, smelly and always leaves me feeling slightly sick from the harsh oven cleaning chemicals.
Maybe it’s just me, but I always have to prepare myself mentally for this cleaning task. Yes, I NEED to clean my oven. But turns out, I DON’T need to put on a layer of protective clothing and risk breathing in toxic oven cleaner fumes every time I do so.
And neither do you. Thanks to Koh.
Koh, formally known as ekoWorx, is a cleaning system ( featuring an eco-friendly cleaning solution, an Atomiser, a pack of 3 Diamond Sponges and a roll of 4 microfibre cloths) that literally brought my oven back to life.
Like using baking soda and vinegar, Koh Universal Cleaner is a safe alternative to clean quickly and safely with no toxic fumes. But the difference is that the cleaning solution has the power to clean those extra tough areas. Like the oven.
It cleaned the oven doors, the walls, the trays, the racks. It removed the oily residue, the baked on grease and the deposits of fats (and drippy cheese) that seems to collect every few weeks. And it only took 15 minutes to get the job done.
Koh currently have 50-60% off certain bundles and Mum Central readers can get FREE SHIPPING on these bundles. Just be sure to enter MUMCENTRAL at the checkout. Definitely worth looking into if you’re keen to try Koh (and you really should be)!
Fume-free oven cleaning – Yep, it’s possible!
Honestly, cleaning an oven with Koh is as pain-free as it gets. Not just for me, but for the whole family. Koh Universal Cleaner uses no harsh chemicals or toxic fumes which means it’s safe to use around babies, kids, pets. It’s also good for those who have allergies or sensitive skin and comes with approval from the National Asthma Council of Australia’s Sensitive Choice Program.
Even pregnant mummas can use it without worry. But we still advise informing your husband that the ‘cleaning the oven’ is now part of his job. Along with providing daily foot rubs.
So how can you use Koh to clean your oven? Check out the video below for our step-by-step guide on cleaning your oven with Koh.
Step by Step – How to clean an oven
- Make sure the surface of the oven is dry.
- Apply a generous amount of Koh Universal Cleaner to the oven door, walls, racks and trays.
- Leave the Universal Cleaner for 2-3 minutes and let it do its magic. This allows time to help emulsify baked on grease and fats.
- Spray the Diamond Sponge with the Universal Cleaner while squeezing the sponge gently to help absorb the solution. Do a spot test on your selected surfaces and inspect for any possible micro abrasions occurring.
- Use the Diamond Sponge to scrub the grease and fats lightly. Apply more force if necessary.
- Wipe down the area with a quality, dry Microfibre Cloth and repeat from Step 2 where appropriate.
How to clean oven racks
- Spray the Koh Universal Cleaner onto the Diamond Sponge (or steel wool) while squeezing the sponge gently to help absorb the solution.
- Working away from the sharp edges use gentle strokes to scrub off grease and grime.
- After scrubbing, run your oven racks under water and wipe them down. Repeat steps if necessary.
A simple, safe and effective way to clean
Koh Universal Cleaner
- Aussie owned and made
- Safe for ALL
- 30 Day Money Back Gaurantee
I absolutely love everything about this cleaner and the results speak for themselves. The unique cleaning system can replace 20 different cleaning products so you can use it around the house for pretty much everything – showers, toilets, bench tops, floors, etc.
Plus, it’s entirely Aussie owned and made, designed by two dads from Bondi AND independently eco-certified by Good Environmental Choice Australia. It also comes with a 30 day money back guarantee and complies with the Choose Cruelty-Free Program so it’s not tested on animals.
With a 30 day money back guarantee, what have you got to lose?
If you’re looking for a fume-free way to give your entire home a good clean, then give Koh a go! You can pick up your own Koh Universal Cleaner plus heaps of accessories through the Koh website. This specialty-formulated whole-home cleaner is a big WIN in my book. And the results have honestly been fantastic!