Just in time for Christmas, get busy decorating the house with this quick and clever paper chain craft. The perfect craft for even the non-crafting mums out there, it’s literally paper, a ruler (if fancy) and a pair of scissors.
Deck the halls with… PAPER CHAIN!
How to Make Paper Chain
What you need
- Sheets of coloured paper
- Sticky tape or a glue stick
- Ruler (optional)
What to do
- Take some coloured paper (you can often buy coloured sheets from a newsagent) and draw straight lines about 3cm wide across the short side. Or you can free-hand, it’s up to you.
- Cut along each line to make strips of paper, these will become your paper rings.
- Fasten the first ring, overlapping the ends of a strip slightly and securing it with tape. For toddlers and young kids, I suggest sticky tape, but you could use a glue stick if you were super patient.
- With the remaining strips, take one and thread it through the ring, secure it closed to make a connected ring. Repeat for all remaining strips.
You’re done, enjoy your fancy new decoration!
What other craft or cooking activities do you have up your sleeve for the kids this Christmas?