Here’s a Christmas craft hack that’s going to send you running to the sports section of the store. Make GIANT festive lollipops with this simple pool noodle hack! SWEET!
Not just for Christmas, this pool noodle hack would be amazing for bringing the fun to the yard all year round. You could create lollipops for birthdays, summer parties – even Halloween would be awesome using orange pool noodles.
Pool noodle hack goes viral
Kim’s DIY pool noodle lollipop TikTok video is an absolute hit, viewed over 32 MILLION times. And it’s easy to see why. This is such a reasonably cost-effective way to decorate your front yard without all the hassle of lights and extension cords and of course – no worrying about the power bill.
Nup, pool noodles to the rescue!
@louisianawoman1Christmas lollipop made out of pool noodles. Saw this on YouTube. ##dollartree ##christmas ##craft ##fyp ##christmascrafts 🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭🍭♬ Jingle Bell Rock – Bobby Helms
Because you can only squeeze limited information into a TikTok video, let’s just say there’d be some drying time in between stages I’m SURE. And if the thought of gluing a pool noodle into a round shape without it flinging open leaves you feeling particularly anxious, try a heavy-duty double-sided mounting tape instead.
Pool Noodle Hack: Make a Giant Lollipop!
What you need
- A hot glue gun
- 2 pool noodles (or one extra-long one)
- Coloured tape
- A piece of dowel or pipe strong enough to stake into the ground.
- Wide ribbon
What to do
1. Join two short pool noodles together with hot glue to make one long pool noodle and let it dry. Alternatively, if you have one super long noodle, excellent!
2. Wrap a contrasting coloured tape around the noodle on an angle to create a cool candy stripe effect.
3. Using the hot glue gun, roll the noodle upon itself, gluing it a little at a time as you roll. Let it dry.
4. Use a sharp knife to poke a hole in the bottom of the lollipop head, add a squirt of hot glue to the end of your rod and poke in the hole to create a lollipop stick. Let dry.
5. Wrap the pool noodle lollipop in cellophane and tie off with a ribbon, just like the real deal. Stand back and be very smug with your DIY craft efforts and stellar pool noodle hack!
That’s all there is to it! SO EASY, don’t you think?
LOVE this pool noodle hack! You can get pool noodles from plenty of retailers, including Kmart and Big W, for under $2.50 each. For the cellophane, look for it on a roll – you’ll get much more bang for your buck than buying it by the sheet. Happy lollipop making!