Move over eggnog, gin fizz and espresso martinis, there’s a new cocktail in town – the Caramilk martini – and it’s going down an absolute TREAT. Cheers!
This Caramilk martini recipe includes ALL of the old favourites. We’re talking Baileys Irish Cream, vodka and of course, the main star – Caramilk.
If you’re looking for a signature cocktail to get you through the festive season, this surely must be it. An original recipe from New Idea Food, many a comment has been made suggesting to omit the ice to maintain that silky, creamy mouth-feel. Perhaps try it both ways and then decide. Or drink it lickety-split quick so the ice doesn’t melt. #takeonefortheteam
Find your cocktail shaker and watch below to see the Caramilk martini cocktail magic unfold!
Cadbury Caramilk martini recipe (serves 4)
PREP AND COOK TIME: 15 minutes
- 1 ½ x 180g blocks Cadbury Caramilk Chocolate
- 2/3 cup pure cream
- 1/3 cup vodka
- ½ cup Baileys Irish Cream liqueur
- 2 cups crushed ice
- Chop one block of the chocolate into pieces. Place in a microwave-safe bowl with cream.
- Microwave on High (100%), stirring every 15 seconds, for about 45 seconds, or until melted. Remove. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Microwave half the remaining chocolate in a separate, microwave-safe bowl, stirring every 10 seconds, for about 30 seconds, or until melted. Pour onto a saucer.
- One at a time, dip the rims of four martini glasses into the saucer of chocolate.
- Make chocolate curls from remaining piece of chocolate by dragging a vegetable peeler down one narrow side.
- Combine vodka, liqueur and chocolate mixture in a cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- To serve, place ice in prepared glasses. Divide cocktail evenly over ice. Sprinkle with chocolate curls.
For even more Caramilk goodness…
Just to be clear, the Caramilk sensation isn’t lost on us – no way José. We filled our trolleys with the sweet caramel, milky blocks and are currently working our way through this epic list of Cadbury Caramilk chocolate based recipes.
Now that you’ve got your Caramilk martini cocktail sorted, have a crack at some epic DIY grazing platters for family and friends to munch their way through during the festive season! YUM!