When is garlic bread NOT a great idea? The perfect side dish to soups, pizza, pasta – or a cracker of a dish just on its own, sitting around the fire pit. Here’s how to turn a cob loaf into a melted, very cheesy, garlic taste SENSATION!
I’ve used a plain cob loaf from Woolworths – but you can use any type of cob you like. Sourdough cob is great because it’s nice and airy, but go with what you like best – you can even make it wholegrain!
Cob Loaf Cheesy Garlic Bread Recipe
- 1 cob loaf
- 200g butter
- 5 cloves of garlic, crushed
- ⅓ cup finely chopped parsley
- 100g Woolworths Italian Inspired Cheese blend
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Crosscut the cob loaf, but don’t cut right through to the bottom, stop slicing just about 3/4 the down.
2. Line a baking dish with baking paper (enough to wrap over the top of the cob loaf) and place your cob in the dish. In a small saucepan or frying pan over a gentle heat, melt together the garlic and butter.
3. Pour the garlic butter into a jug and add the parsley. Mix with a spoon.
4. Pour or spoon the butter mixture between the cuts in the cob (give the mix a stir every now and then so the garlic and parsley don’t settle in the bottom).
5. Poke the cheese between the cob cuts. Sprinkle extra on top if you want it extra cheesy!
6. Wrap in baking paper and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
7. Uncover the cob and put it back in the oven. Bake at 200°C for 8 to 10 minutes.
8. Let your cob loaf cheesy garlic bread rest for 5-10 minutes before pulling apart and serving. Yum!
This recipe was inspired by Instagram’s amazing Emmylou MacCarthy. Talk about taking garlic bread to the NEXT LEVEL!