Let’s be honest, we’d be happy with any ol’ pancake situation on Mother’s Day, right? Heck yes. That was my sentiment too until I saw this unicorn-esque, pile ’em high and make ’em pink stack of pancake goodness. And now I won’t settle for anything less. And a note to my kids: don’t forget the fairy floss. I will notice.
If you’re wondering where exactly to buy fairy floss, don’t despair, I’ve hooked you up. Head to your local Woolworths or Big W store and you should find it right there in the confectionery aisle. #yourewelcome
If I haven’t said it yet, and in case I haven’t made it clear, pink ombre pancakes are EVERYTHING. Especially on Mother’s Day (that’s Sunday 10th May for those of you playing along at home who don’t quite remember!) 😉
Fairy floss pancakes recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups White Wings Self Raising Flour
- ¼ cup CSR Caster Sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 2 cups milk
- Red food colouring
- Canola spray or butter to grease frying pan
- Berry ripple ice cream
- Large strawberries, hulled and halved
- CSR Golden Syrup
- CSR Soft Icing Mixture
- Pink fairy floss
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, vanilla, egg and milk to a smooth consistency.
- Heat a large fry pan on medium heat and grease with canola spray or butter.
- Pour enough batter to make four 8cm rounds in the pan. Flip pancakes once bubbles have filled the surface. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Add a few drops of red food colouring to the bowl and whisk again. Pour four more pancakes into the pan and keep repeating the process adding a few drops of colouring after each set of four pancakes.
- Stack the coloured pancakes, lightest to darkest, on each plate.
- Dust with soft icing mixture, then top with halved strawberries, a scoop of berry ripple ice cream and a large pinch of fairy floss. Serve with golden syrup.
I mean, c’mon now. You’d be mad not to want to be presented with this kind of brekkie tray on Sunday morning!
An original recipe from CSR Sugar and White Wings Baking. The kids will love being involved in making this Masterchef worthy breakfast and if you can’t be with YOUR mum this Mother’s Day, snap a pic and let her know in the virtual world that you made her a delicious breakfast and eat it yourself. Everyone wins!