A scrumptious, chocolate-laden slice that takes just 10 minutes to prep and your fridge does all the hard work? Sign us up right now.
Everyone loves a no-bake slice and this beauty will be a firm new favourite.
This delicious no-bake chocolate nut slice is as easy as a snap of the fingers and perfect for so many occasions.
Awesome for after school or wowing your guests with a showy afternoon tea, this no-bake chocolate nut slice is sure to be a winner for all the people in your life – big or small.
Just a warning, you’re going to want to lick the bowl.
No-Bake Chocolate Nut Slice
- 1½ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 10 medjool dates, pips removed
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup CSR Coconut Sugar
- 2 tablespoon raw cacao
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 50g dark chocolate, chopped
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil
1. Line a 10 x 20cm loaf pan with baking paper, extending paper up the sides of the pan for ease of removing slice once set.
2. Place oats, coconut and dates in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until a coarse texture is achieved.
3. Add coconut oil, sugar, cacao, water, vanilla and cinnamon. Pulsing until mixture is smooth. Remove to a bowl and mix in the walnuts and almonds.
4. Press mixture into prepared pan and refrigerate for at least 1 hour until set.
5. Place chocolate and coconut oil a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Mixing until smooth and melted. Drizzle over chilled slice and keep refrigerated when not being consumed.
This is an original recipe from CSR Sugar and serves 10.
Want more no-bake ideas? Check out our no-bake Thermomix Honey Nougat Squares recipe and Nutella inspired bliss balls recipe. Or if you’re catering for a crowd what about our super easy Chocolate Sheet Cake.