A slice loaded with sweet apple and dates, this easy slice recipe is perfect for the lunch box and after school snacks.
Cook and keep half in the fridge and freeze the rest for later. Too easy.
Apron at the ready? Let’s crank that oven!
Quick Apple and Date Slice Recipe
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup CSR Low GI Sugar
- 1 extra large egg, lightly whisked
- 125g butter, melted
- ½ Granny Smith apple, grated
- 1⁄3 cup dried dates, finely chopped
1. Pre-heat oven to 160°C fan-forced. Line a 20 x 20cm slice tray with baking paper.
2. Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix until well combined. Spoon into prepared pan and press out to the side, filling the corners. Bake for 25 minutes, or until just golden.
3. Allow the slice to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely. Slice and serve.
This recipe is an original recipe from CSR Sugar and yields 14 – 16 pieces.