Houses get dirty. And dusty. Especially city houses, with all the grime and exhaust fumes and yucky smells that seem to creep in, even if you keep the windows shut. And while vacuuming is one way to keep the allergens away, it really is only scratching the surface.
If you really want a clean house, it turns out you need to not just tackle the surfaces, but also the air. (Yes, air needs cleaning too. Because mums don’t already have enough cleaning on our plates).
Throwing the windows open and letting the fresh air is great for our country cousins, but it doesn’t work so well for city folk. Often, what the wind blows in is best kept outside and as far away from your kids as possible, especially if you live in an inner-city apartment. But keeping windows closed means things get very stuffy, very fast.
Luckily there’s a Dyson for that.
The Dyson Pure Hot+Cool Link Air Purifier is a must for any family who wants to breathe easier, especially if someone has a sneezy, wheezy type of allergy.
PLEASE NOTE: The Dyson Purifier is not an approved medical device and does not claim to be one. Dyson provided twenty of our readers with a purifier – the opinions of this product that you will read below are 100% those of mums, not of Dyson. Dyson has not had any input or review of this article.
Not only does it help ward off allergens and pollutants, but it can keep your air clean, and pure while doubling as a heater and fan to keep the perfect temperature year round.
And it’s not just us that think so!
We recently asked a plethora of parents to trial the all-in-one air purifier, heater and fan. Never before have we had such a unanimous and positive reaction to a product.
Here’s what our testers had to say:
100% (yes, that’s every single one of them) believed that the Dyson Pure Hot+Cool Link helped the quality of the air in their home.
100% of our testers noticed a difference in the air quality in their home after using the Dyson Pure Hot+Cool Link.
100% of our mums would recommend the Dyson Pure Hot+Cool Link to a friend.
18/19 mums gave the Dyson Pure Hot+Cool Link Air Purifier a resounding 5 Star Rating! The 19th mum gave it 4.5 stars, resulting in a 4.975 Star Rating! Now that’s pretty impressive!
Dyson does it again! See what our mums had to say:
Our panel of parents included mums with bubs, toddlers, preschoolers, school-aged kids and teenagers from states across Australia. Some families live in units, others in houses and 10 of the 19 households also have a fur baby in the family.
While every household is different, all of our parents experience similar problems – pollutants from inner city living, traffic and manufacturing, general dust and pollen in the air, and the constant stream of sicknesses (and stuffiness) that seems to circulate from one family member to another.
And all of our parents were searching for the same thing – an easier way to minimise pollutants, keep the house cleaner and help their little (and big) ones get a better nights’ sleep. Can an air purifier really help sort all of these concerns?
Pure and simple, Dyson purifies your home (and so much more!)
Here are just a few of the things our mums had to say about the Dyson Pure Hot+Cool Link Air Purifier and Fan Heater.
- After using it we all thought that the air tasted different – cleaner and thinner almost. You could definitely notice the difference. Our whole family was sneezing/coughing less from the very first time using it! – Kristy, South Australia
- “Within 5 minutes of trialling this product I could smell the difference. The air was so much purer and the kids and husband were sneezing and coughing less. After a few days of constant operation we noticed the air was crisper it had removed ambient smells from our apartment.” – Jennifer, New South Wales
- “Dyson have truly raised the bar this time when it comes to air purifying technology.” – Lisa, Western Australia
- “It really does such a tremendous job filtering the nasties in the air, removing the stuffiness (especially in apartment living) and having fresh air circulating through the nights.” – Nadien, New South Wales
- “I definitely noticed cleaner air after use, and it is great for helping to clear dust and fine particles out of your home environment. I would highly recommend it!” – Anne, Queensland
Eliminate allergens and reduce sickness
Cleaner air doesn’t just mean a cleaner household. It also helps support a healthier one. Many of the testers have children who suffer with allergies, asthma, eczema and hay fever. Some of the mum have these issues themselves. And many of our testers also admit to having partners who keep them awake half the night with their excessive snoring.
- “My husband and daughter have had a cold for the duration we have had this machine and usually each time anyone is sick in my household I get sick too. But somehow with this machine on we have stayed extremely healthy and although it is not a medical grade device I would say that by purifying the air and it not sitting stale in our closed up house it has saved my butt. – Jiana, Victoria
- “My place is very a small so it was always stuffy. Since using the Dyson the house is no longer stuffy it has also lessened the amount of dust in the air meaning sneezing is occurring less and the babies eczema is not constantly irritated.” – Allira, New South Wales
- “I cannot believe how effective it has been with reducing the symptoms and severity of my husband’s allergies and can’t recommend it highly enough.” – Maureen, South Australia
- “My children’s coughing and sneezing while asleep and awake reduced greatly. My husband had less hay fever. And my children slept more soundly when in their room.” – Jennifer, New South Wales
- “I love the fact that you can use it all year round and I noticed a remarkable difference in my hay fever symptoms after just 14 days.” – Tayler, Victoria
- My husband suffers from hay fever almost all year round. After using the Dyson pure hot+cool link in our bedroom at nights for just one week his hay fever in the mornings was almost non-existent. No more sneezing in the morning shower! – Kristy, South Australia
Keep cool and stay warm
But it’s not just the purifier that has received top marks from our mums. The fan and heater combo is also a winner, regardless of where you live.
- “We put the Dyson Pure Hot + Cool Link in our son’s room, and turned on the thermostat with the night mode. It was great going to bed knowing that regardless of how cold the night was, our son’s room was going to be a constant temperature. (And he didn’t wake up during the night!)” – Melody, New South Wales
- “The heater heats the room up so quickly and the fan cools the room down extremely fast too. Having the purifier just makes the air clean and clear. It’s awesome!” – Kristina, New South Wales
- “Using it as a heater in our infant son’s room on cooler nights was also very successful. The sound on the heater was non-existent so didn’t wake him overnight, the thermostat function meant we didn’t have to keep checking on his room temperature (and no 5am wakeup from being too cold!) and the heat didn’t dry out his skin or throat causing him to cough like other portable heaters we’ve tried in his room. – Julie, New South Wales
With no moving fan blades, or hot radiator bars, the Dyson Pure Hot+Cool Link provides peace of mind for families with young children and pets.
Easy to use? App-solutely!
One of the standout features of the three-in-one device is the Link App, which allows you to keep track of your home’s air cleanliness through your smart phone. It’s especially cool to see just how much of a difference the purifier makes (and kind of scary to think how ‘dirty’ your air was beforehand):
- “As a hay fever and asthma sufferer, I loved having the ability to keep an eye on the air quality inside and out using the app.” – Hannah, Victoria
- “The Link app is the 1% that sets the Dyson Pure apart from other similar products on the market. We loved that we could see how our air was prior to using the Pure Hot+Cool Link through to checking the air quality after use.” – Julie, New South Wales
- “We use it everyday and have learnt a lot about the air quality in our home.” Romina, Victoria
The bottom line?
“This product does all that it promises to do, and that’s rare in today’s major appliance market. And knowing that it’s a DYSON product, you can guarantee that it will outlive its warranty period.” – Lisa, Western Australia
Thinking About an Air Purifier?
The Dyson Hot+Cool Link is the only name you really need to know. With a 100 per cent recommendation rate from testers, we’re happy to slap our seal of approval on Dyson’s Pure Hot+Cool Link.
BRAVO DYSON, you’ve certainly earned our Mum’s Choice Thumbs Up Award!
This is a sponsored post for Dyson although all opinions and feedback, images and videos are those from Mum Central and our readers.