Sometimes a product comes to Australia that just commands attention. And the ZUM-CX Balance Bike is one of these, especially if you have a tireless tot on your hands.
Come and have a sneak peek at the brilliant design behind this balance bike and win one (plus A WHOLE HEAP of other cool items) for your wee one, just in time for Christmas.
Keeping a busy toddler or preschooler entertained ALL day long isn’t the easiest of feats. Kids seem to have an invisible energy source on tap that allows them to go, go, go until they eventually crash at night.
What this means is you need an assortment of items to keep your tot occupied (and probably a few coffees to keep up to your tot’s crazy levels of energy).
Go play (outside!)
One of the best ways to enjoy the warmer days and burn off some of the crazy child energy is to get outside and ride it off. And one of the ways to introduce them into the wonderful world of bike riding (minus the lycra that usually comes with it), is with a balance bike.
ZUM-CX Balance Bike has been helping little ones in America learn to ride a big kid bike for years. In fact, they’re the number one brand in Timber Balance Bikes. And now they are available in Australia, thanks to Haggus & Stookles, who supply a whole slew of awesome outdoor toys for tots.
These bad boys retail at $193 but Haggus & Stookles have a special introductory offer which brings the bike down to just $129 (for a limited time). Or, you can always win a ZUM-CX Balance Bike for your wee one – see below for details.
What makes ZUM so special?
Apart from the sleek design and wooden texture, it’s gotta be the comfort. Because any mum with a toddler knows that if something isn’t comfortable, then THE WORLD is going to end. ZUM-CX comes with rubber air inflated tires (not foam) making for a smooth ride (no bumps on those little bums) and rubber handgrips to protect little hands. Plus the padded vinyl seat is fully adjustable and ergonomically designed to grow with your tot.
The bike also provides peace of mind for all parents (especially ones that HATE maintaining things). ZUMS’ sealed cartridge bearings provide maintenance free, silent and smooth running wheels. Plus, it is actually incredibly easy to assemble – even I could do it. And I can’t even assemble a Kmart side table.
What about safety? No need to wrap your wee one in bubble wrap before hitting the streets (a helmet will suffice). ZUM-CX is ASTM Certified for Child Safety and includes high grade steel fasteners and patented steering to prevent jack knife accidents.
Another thing we love about ZUM-CX is that is has a reversible frame, which means even the littlest of riders can give it a go. As your child gets bigger (and more confident), you can reverse the frame to fit a larger child. ZUMs are designed to fit toddlers up to five years of age, meaning you can keep the same bike, from the first wheel around the yard to the first ride to school (*sniff sniff*).
Why try a Balance Bike?
Many parents are unsure whether to go with a bike with training wheels (stabilisers) or opt for a balance bike for their tot. It’s entirely up to you. I got my son his first balance bike at 18 months and he picked it up within a week. Here’s why we both loved it:
- No training wheels – Because the balance bike teaches kids how to balance, they can often skip the training wheel stage. Which is also great for mums because training wheels are a nightmare to take on and off.
- Speedy rides – Once they pick it up, they’ll ride quicker than you can walk, which means you actually BOTH get exercise when going for a ride/walk.
- Lightweight – Balance bikes, like ZUM, weigh next to nothing, so you can easily chuck them in the back of the car or carry them under your arm.
- Build confidence and coordination – There’s nothing more frustrating than trying to ride a bike and not quite getting it. Balance bikes are the perfect introduction to the world of balancing on a bike, something that isn’t always easy to pick up.
Give your wee one the confidence to soar through the street (with supervision of course) and skid into a world of adventure.
WIN the Ultimate Playtime Package for Active Tots
Haggus & Stookles have one Playtime Package to give away to one lucky Mum Central family. Valued at $650+, your little one will be in active play heaven!
Check out the list of goodies on offer:
- Add a little adventure to their lives with the ZUM-CX Balance Bike.
- Keep them playing (outside) longer with a ZUM Bug Ride on Toy. Choose from a Grasshopper, Bee or Ladybug/Ladybird, valued at $178 each.
- Keep them protected from the sun and hydrated with Sunsational SPF50+ Sunscreen and a Glass Water Bottle.
- Store all their stuff when on the go with Stephen Joseph Go Go Kids backpack (Choice of 28 varieties) – valued at $45.
- Clean them up after a long day of play with a set of 6 Natralus My Little One Skin Care set. Mums agree – this is one of the best infant skin care products on the market, valued at $100.20.
- Make nights a little easier (especially after all that play) with one Large Single/King Single Brolly Sheet. Choose from pink, blue, lime or white linen, valued at $67.45 each.
- And, finally, keep mum’s skin protected with a tube of Natralus Hand Shield Cream.
To enter, simply fill out the form below, telling us what feature you love most about the ZUM-CX Balance Bike and why we should pick you. Then your tot is one step closer to enjoying a summer of bike riding fun!