Remember the Pizza Pockets of our childhood? I’m making it my mission to recreate something just as fun (and more delicious) in my Kmart Sausage Roll Maker – and you can too. Read on for a BBQ chicken pizza roll recipe!
To be clear, you can create these with ANY pizza topping of your choice, but for us – BBQ chicken always wins as a family favourite. And because we’re those people, yes, it must contain pineapple. #nohateplease #camppineapple
TIP: If you have leftover BBQ rotisserie-style chicken, that’s PERFECT for pizza. Just shred it up and let’s go!
Don’t have a Sausage Roll Maker? Head to Kmart TODAY! They’re back in stock around the country and they’ll be one of the most versatile appliances you’ve bought in a while!!
BBQ Chicken Pizza Rolls Recipe
- 3 sheets of puff pastry
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- ⅓ cup bbq sauce (omit if using a BBQ flavoured pizza sauce)
- 120g cooked chicken, diced or shredded (leftovers are awesome!)
- 100g bacon, diced
- ½ a red onion, diced
- ½ a capsicum, diced
- 200g pineapple pieces, drained
- ¾ cup cheese, grated
1. Heat a small frying pan and fry off the onion and bacon. Add the capsicum and cook until the onion is translucent and the capsicum has softened. Take it off the heat and add the chicken and pineapple.
2. Stir through the BBQ sauce. Add the grated cheese and stir through. Your filling is ready!
3. Cut the defrosted pastry sheets in half. Line the cold sausage roll maker with one half of the pastry and brush with pizza sauce. Fill the cavities with the pizza filling.
4. Brush the remaining puff pastry sheet with pizza sauce and place sauce side down on top.
5. Close the lid and lock in place. Cook for around 12 minutes until brown. Repeat for remaining pastry and mixture.
6. Separate the rolls with kitchen scissors or a knife and serve with extra BBQ sauce. YUM!
What to Read Next:
- 20 Easy Chicken Recipes to Level Up Your Family Cooking
- 9 Kid-Friendly Dinner Ideas With Sneaky Hidden Vegetables
- Hooray! IKEA share their Famous Swedish Meatball Recipe