Brought to you by smarTrike
Let’s face it. Parents are often made to feel guilty. Guilty about how much time we spend (or don’t spend) with our kids. Guilty about what they’re eating (or, not eating). Guilty about what he’s doing, not doing, could do, might do, should have done by now or you should have done for him! Get the gist?
Guess what? You’re not alone. According to a recent smarTrike survey of 1,000 Aussie parents, 80% feel some sort of guilt when it comes to how they’re raising their kids. And we’re not just talking small amounts of guilt either. Of those surveyed,
- 34% say they feel most guilty about the rate of their child’s development,
- 21% feel guilt over the products they purchase for their children,
- 19% feel guilty about the time they spend playing or exercising with their children,
- 15% have guilt over their child’s diet, and
- 11% have sleep guilt over their child’s sleeping pattern (not theirs!)
Further, of those surveyed, here’s some pretty confronting stats around guilt:
- 80% of parents have second guessed a decision they have made while parenting.
- When asked to rate themselves as a parent from 1- 10, only 10% gave themselves a rating of 9 or above.
- When asked how extreme the pressure is on a new parent to be perfect, more than half of respondents rated it a 4 or higher out of 5.
- 60% of people surveyed admitted they feel the most pressure from themselves to be the best parent possible.
- 9 out of 10 fathers are working parents, and of these fathers 5 out of 10 feel guilty as if they should be at home with their child.
- 37% of parents feel as though they sacrifice their social life the most to make their child a priority.
Okay, we get it. We all feel guilt as parents, and that’s totally normal, but we need to change the way we are MADE to feel so guilty when all we’re doing is trying to do the best we can for our kids and our family with what we have to work with right?
So let’s all try and collectively take a break, relax and do something for your kids that makes you feel a whole lot better about what we’re doing. Parenting isn’t an easy gig and let’s focus instead on the good stuff we’re doing.
We’re feeling so guilty over how our kids are developing, what we’re buying for them and how much we play and exercise with them. It’s a no brainer we want the best for our kids, and so we don’t need to feel any guilt about that.
Thankfully, if you’ve got a little one under 3, our friends at smarTrike can help to take some of the challenge (and of course, guilt) out of the equation. You want to boost your little one’s development, make the ‘right’ type of purchases and get out and be active with your child. Fortunately, smarTrike lets you do all three (at once – so great for the time efficient ones amongst us too!) 😉
If you’re wondering how buying a smarTrike is any different than making any other tricycle purchase, it’s all in the 5-in-1 design! The Explorer 5 trikes in 1 transforms to grow with your child. Not only can your child use the Explorer from 10-months through 3-years, but you don’t have to go out any buy new products every few months. Cash saving, time saving and just a downright smart purchase!
The revolutionary transforming design starts at Stage 1 with a reclining seat, stroller style. As your child grows you can move the seat so that your toddler is sitting upright. If your tot isn’t exactly ready to pedal out and off on their own, you can still control the motion of the trike with the handle. This allows them to start gaining a sense of independence and work on his motor control, without fear that he’ll get hurt, topple over or make a break for it (and we all know just how quickly a rogue toddler can get away from us now, don’t we?!)
When your child is ready, you can slowly hand control over to him and transform the Explorer into a fully functional trike (in other words, your preschooler can pedal and control it all on his own).
Best of all the smarTrike is a great investment for your kids, lasting years and adapting to them as they grow (so they don’t grow out of it too quickly!) It helps your child’s motor development, so it’s educational (in a physical way). And, on top of that, it gives you the opportunity to spend time exercising with your little one! This 5-in-1 trike is a 3-in-1 parenting guilt reducer.
This July Toy Sale, parents can shop guilt-free by choosing smarTrike’s latest innovation, the smarTrike Explorer 5 trikes in 1. Keep an eye out for smarTrike at Toys R Us and Target throughout the July sale season. www.smartrike.com
While the smarTrike might not solve the fourth or fifth guilt issues that the survey shows (diet and sleep patterns), tackling three out of five isn’t just good – it’s pretty amazing!