Prepare for a culinary sensation with our delectable recipe for Sticky Lemon Chicken with Bacon Fried Rice! We were blown away by this dish in our EveryPlate box, and we couldn’t keep it to ourselves. Now you can enjoy it in the comfort of your own home!
This mouthwatering creation combines tender chicken thighs, aromatic basmati rice, and a zesty kick of lemon. With the addition of savoury bacon, crisp vegetables like carrot and snow peas, and the delightful flavours of oyster sauce and sweet chilli sauce, each bite is an explosion of taste.
Garnish your dish with sesame seeds, fresh spring onions, crispy shallots, and fragrant coriander for the perfect finishing touch. This recipe is guaranteed to leave you craving more.
So, get ready to impress your taste buds and elevate your dinner game with Sticky Lemon Chicken with Bacon Fried Rice. Let’s dive into the recipe and savour the incredible flavours that await!
Ingredients – What’s in your EveryPlate Box
- 1½ cups basmati rice
- 2 stems of spring onions
- 1 lemon
- 1 carrot
- 4 cloves garlic
- 200g snow pea pods
- 650g chicken thighs
- 100g oyster sauce
- 100g sweet chilli sauce
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 180g diced bacon
- 1/2 cup crispy shallots
- ¼ cup plain flour
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- olive oil
- coriander to garnish
Allergens: Gluten, Molluscs, Sesame, Soy, Traces of Tree Nuts, Traces of Gluten, Traces of Milk, Traces of Peanuts, Traces of Soy. May contain traces of allergens
LET’S COOK: Sticky Lemon Chicken with Bacon Fried Rice!
- Boil the kettle. Half-fill a medium saucepan with boiling water.
- Add basmati rice and a pinch of salt and cook, uncovered, over high heat until just tender, 10 mins. Drain.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice spring onion. Slice lemon into wedges. Finely chop carrot and garlic. Trim pea pods and slice them into thirds. Cut chicken thigh into 2cm chunks.
- In a small bowl, combine oyster sauce, sweet chilli sauce, sesame seeds, a generous squeeze of lemon, a splash of water and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil over high heat in a large frying pan. Cook diced bacon, carrot and pea pods, breaking them up with a spoon, until golden, about 5-7 mins.
- Stir in cooked rice, spring onion, garlic and soy sauce and cook, tossing, until warmed through for about 2-3 mins. Remove from heat.
- Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, combine chicken, plain flour and a generous pinch of salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Return the frying pan to high heat with a generous drizzle of olive oil.
- When oil is hot, stir-fry chicken in batches until browned, 5-6 mins. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Reduce heat to low, add sauce mixture and return cooked chicken to the pan, tossing until slightly thickened, 1-2 mins.
- Divide fried rice and chicken between bowls. Spoon over sauce from the pan. Sprinkle with crispy shallots.
- Tear over coriander to serve.
Looking for alternatives to our Sticky Lemon Chicken with Bacon Fried Rice recipe?
- If you prefer a vegetarian option, you can easily substitute the chicken thighs with tofu or tempeh for a protein-packed plant-based alternative. The oyster sauce can be replaced with soy sauce or tamari for a rich umami flavour.
- For those with dietary restrictions, feel free to customise the recipe according to your needs. Swap the basmati rice with cauliflower rice or quinoa for a low-carb option. You can also experiment with different vegetables like capsicum, broccoli, or zucchini to add a colourful twist.
- If bacon isn’t your thing, try using diced smoked turkey or vegetarian bacon for a similar smoky taste. Don’t forget to explore various sauces like teriyaki or hoisin to add a unique flavour profile.
Remember, cooking is all about creativity and adapting recipes to suit your preferences. So feel free to get creative, explore different ingredients, and make this recipe your own! Enjoy the delicious possibilities that await in your kitchen.
Find out what else we had in our EveryPlate box including All-American Cheeseburger with Loaded Fries, Middle Eastern Haloumi Tacos with Rainbow Veggies. See the full box here.
This is a sponsored recipe for EveryPlate