Indulge in the ultimate comfort food with our mouthwatering recipe: All American Cheeseburger with Loaded Fries – one of our top 3 recipes from this week’s meal kits from EveryPlate. Get ready to satisfy your cravings and treat your taste buds to a classic burger experience!
In this recipe, we take juicy beef mince and expertly combine it with flavourful ingredients like breadcrumbs, brown onion, and a special blend of BBQ spices. Top it off with melted cheese, fresh tomato slices, and a dollop of caramelised onion chutney for that extra touch of deliciousness.
But that’s not all! We’re taking the burger experience to the next level by serving it alongside loaded fries. Crispy potatoes tossed in a classic roast seasoning, topped with shaved Parmesan cheese, chopped chives, and a drizzle of creamy garlic aioli.
So fire up your grill or stovetop and get ready to create an irresistible burger masterpiece. With the perfect balance of flavours and textures, this American Cheeseburger with Loaded Fries is sure to become a family favourite. Get ready to take a bite into burger perfection!
Ingredients – What’s in your EveryPlate Box
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 4 potatoes
- 3 tablespoons classic roast seasoning
- 100g shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1 brown onion
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 500g beef mince
- 4 tablespoons BBQ spice blend
- 1/2 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 2 tomatoes
- 12g chives
- 4 bake-at-home burger buns
- 100g garlic aioli
- 80g caramelised onion chutney
- 60g mixed salad leaves
Allergens: Gluten, Egg, Milk, Soy, Traces of Sesame, Traces of Tree Nuts, Traces of Lupin. May contain traces of allergens
LET’S COOK: All American Cheeseburger with Loaded Fries!
- Preheat oven to 240°C/220°C fan-forced.
- Cut potato into fries and place on the lined oven tray. Sprinkle with roast seasoning, salt and drizzle with olive oil. Toss to coat, spread out evenly and bake until tender, 20 mins.
- Remove the tray from the oven. Sprinkle with ½ the Parmesan and bake until golden, 3-5 mins.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the brown onion. In a heatproof bowl, combine onion, white wine vinegar, a splash of water and a good pinch of sugar and salt. Microwave mixture for 30-second bursts, until softened.
- In a large bowl, combine beef mince, BBQ spice blend, fine breadcrumbs, the egg and a good pinch of pepper.
- Shape mixture into 2cm-thick patties (1 per person).
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat in a large frying pan. Cook patties until just cooked through, 4-5 mins each side.
- In the last 1-2 mins of cook time, sprinkle the remaining Parmesan over the patties, then cover with a lid or foil and cook until the cheese has melted.
- Slice tomato into rounds. Thinly slice chives.
- Bake the bake-at-home burger buns directly on a wire oven rack until heated through, 3 mins.
- Drain pickled onion.
- Slice burger buns in half. Spread each bun with garlic aioli. Top with pickled onion, beef patties, onion chutney, tomato and salad leaves.
- Divide burgers and fries between plates. Sprinkle chives over fries.
Looking for alternatives to our All American Burger with Loaded Fries recipe? Here are a few ideas to put a twist on this classic dish:
- Veggie Delight: Swap out the beef mince for a plant-based alternative like black bean patties or grilled Portobello mushrooms. Load up your burger with fresh veggies like lettuce, tomato, avocado, and your favourite sauce.
- Turkey Twist: Substitute the beef mince with lean ground turkey for a healthier option. Season it with herbs and spices of your choice and cook it to perfection. Serve it on a whole wheat bun with a tangy cranberry relish and a sprinkle of feta cheese.
- Mediterranean Flair: Give your burger a Mediterranean makeover by using lamb mince seasoned with a blend of aromatic spices like cumin, paprika, and oregano. Top it off with tzatziki sauce, sliced cucumber, and crumbled feta cheese.
- Loaded Sweet Potato Fries: Switch up the traditional fries with sweet potato wedges. Season them with a smoky paprika or chilli powder for a kick of flavour. Load them up with toppings like melted cheese, crispy bacon bits, and green onions.
No matter which alternative you choose, these variations will bring new flavours and excitement to your mealtime. Get creative and enjoy a delicious twist on the classic cheeseburger and loaded fries combo!
This is a sponsored recipe for EveryPlate