You’ve got the family car packed up, the GPS is on and you’re ready to go on your next family road trip with the kids!
Before squeals of, “Mummy, I’m soooooo bored” or moans of, “I’m hungry, when are we going to stop?” hit your ears, plan ahead with a few of these creative travel hacks.
3. Sew a pocket-front road trip pillow case carrier, using your favourite fabrics, some ribbon and velcro!
4. Give the kids something stable to color on with an upcycled DVD drawing case.
6. Do you have a kid (or two) who gets queasy the moment the wheels hit the road. Try out this DIY car sick bag. It includes everything you might just need during your car trip — motion sickness bands, anti-bacterial wipes (just in case those motion sickness bands don’t work out), small snacks, bottled water and anything else that makes the road trip less rough for your child.
7. Turn an old mint tin into a totally cool travel game.
8. Make a portable activity tray with a metal baking tray. Add Lego, magnets or use it for arts and crafts.