Feeling a little ‘extra’ and want an epic dessert without barely lifting a finger? We give you the ultimate air fryer Tim Tam dessert…
I like to think we’ve mastered the air frying basics. We’ve cooked delicious whole chickens and we’ve even nailed how to cook the perfect steak but I’m always keen to try something new. And if this Tim Tam dessert is being dubbed a viral sensation on social media, then I want to try that!
There’s practically NOTHING to this dessert. It essentially uses just two ingredients to make and is ready in next to no time. If you want to be fancy, use a fancier Tim Tam variety, add a scoop of ice cream and a Matt Preston sprinkle of icing sugar. Voila!
So without further ado, I give you the air fried Tim Tam pastry slam dessert. Yep. It’s EVERYTHING you think it will be and more.
RECIPE: Air Fryer Tim Tam Pastry Slam Dessert
Serves: up to 4
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, defrosted
- 4 Arnott’s Tim Tam biscuits
To serve (optional)
- Icing sugar
- Ice cream
1. Cut the defrosted sheet of puff pastry in quarters.
2. Position a Tim Tam biscuit in the middle of each pastry quarter.
3. Fold the puff pastry around the Tim Tam biscuit. See folding technique below – easy!
4. Place the pastry parcels in the air fryer basket and bake at 180°C for 10 minutes or until the pastry is golden.
5. Dust with icing sugar and serve with ice cream. DELICIOUS! It’s like a Tim Tam slam with a pastry edge. Be careful though, it WILL BE HOT!
How’s that for an easy peasy, no fuss, mighty delicious Tim Tam dessert?
TIP: You get 11 biscuits in the original and dark Tim Tam varieties – one more than in the ‘crafted’ flavourings. Just saying.